Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SNAP Server GuardianOS Install

• Please log in to reply

snapwall

snapwall

• Pip
  • 1 posts
G'day folks.

Am a newbie to this forum and to SNAP server. According to google this seems most active SNAP server forum so hoping someone can help me out... :tazz:

I just bought a new snap server 4200 from auction and despite being listed as "new" it was semi used and only came with a user guide CD which just happen to have the GuardianOS 3.1 .gsu file, SNAP MGR program, and some documentation files.

I booted up the snap 4200 server and it halts with the following message:

"Uncompressing Linux.....OK, Booting Kernel"

My limited knowledge tells me I am screwed here... The question I have are:

1) Is there a way to upload the .gsu so that I can get the SNAP server up and running? What Linux platform do I have to lay to get it kick started? If I can jump start that car, I mean snap server and load the .gsu, I am hoping it should work..

2) Do I need to get a separate Snap server Assistant program to load the .gsu file?

Please note, I am not requesting for a free copy of any software. I am willing to purchase from Snap reseller if there is no solution and if that is the last resort.....

Thanks in advance!

regards
snap "hit-a" wall.

Advertisements