Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

purchase laptop

• Please log in to reply

catchdreams

catchdreams

• Pip
  • 9 posts
[email protected][FONT=Courier][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

I am interested in purchasing a laptop for personal use. My budget is $8000. Can anybody suggest the best deal I can make? :tazz:

Advertisements

DigMdTx

DigMdTx

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
What are you going to be using the computer mostly for? www.alienware.com, you can get their top of the line for under 5000

http://www.alienware.com/

catchdreams

catchdreams

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
:tazz: i need to use the laptop for presentation purposes. i dont play games. i need to check my mails regularly and use MS Word and Powerpoint mostly. Although I am aware that I do not need a notebook with the best configuration, I would still want to own an easily upgradable model.

DigMdTx

DigMdTx

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
If you want something with a good warranty, try going to a name brand site like Toshiba or Sony. I do not recommend Dell. Their customer service has turned into one of the worst I've ever dealt with. Sony a lot of good light weight products if that's what you are looking for. If lbs don't matter, try looking at toshiba. They have desktop alternatives (laptops) that can are pretty nice. You might want to look into their tablet PC's as well, if, like you said, you are doing a lot of powerpoint.

bdwai

bdwai

• Pip
  • 2 posts
$8000 that is a big budget for a laptop, you can get a good one by $2000 or less check with Hp or Sony they are leading in the market in selling laptops a round the world.