Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't find emAudio.sys needed for a/v capture

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

Advertisements

christm4124

christm4124

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i downloaded the file PCLEUSB2.exe and uninstalled the previous drivers and installd the ones i had just downloaded and i still get the same error were i am missing "emAudio.sys" and the german site you posted it not up and hasnt been in 4 months so is there any other suggestions that u might have to hlp me get my dazzle dvc 90 working like it used too :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You should take it up with pinnacle, they are the ones selling something which more than a few have trouble installing

manperez

manperez

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Let me repeat my steps for successful installation of the Dazzle drivers:

First of all, I uninstalled everything related to the Dazzle unit.
Then, I downloaded and ran
ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.de/driver/pc/Studio9/Pcleusb2.exe

Finally, I plugged in the Dazzle unit and let Windows XP do its "magic" to install it automatically,

and it worked! :-D (of course, this was the third long installation session I invested in the unit... but I'm glad the advice I got in this forum worked! :-)

Good luck, and let us know if it worked!

Manny

nsx289

nsx289

• Pip
  • 1 posts
keith, I clicked on every single link you supplied and it either came up with i needed to pay to register for the website or it didnt work. Are there any other websites i can download the emAudio.sys file?

mikeferrari

mikeferrari

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had just about the same luck as everyone else. For those who cannot access the zip file above, I've reposted the same file here:

download the zip here http://www.gobigger....pctvdrivers.zip

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by mikeferrari, 31 October 2006 - 04:37 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for posting the drivers, I downloaded and saved them in case your link has a time limit

Ryan from CLT

Ryan from CLT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
About the pinnacle dazzle audio driver, :whistling:
I have been spending the past couple of hours trying to find this driver (emAudio.sys) and all i have found are other people like us frustrated and driverless. If you ever find the thing please post it and let me know.

Edited by Ryan from CLT, 08 November 2006 - 02:27 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can have the folder from the link in post 21

whiggy

whiggy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey there - I had the same problem and this is what worked for me. I downloaded PCLEUSB2.EXE and ran it. When my system asks for the emaudio.sys file, I pointed it towards \\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Drivers\DVC90.cab. It finishes the install.

Restart your system.

Go to Control Panel > System >Hardware > Device Manager and make sure there aren't a bunch of "Unknown Device" in Other Devices. If there are, select the device and click Update Driver. It will find the driver it needs and install it. Do this for all Unknown Devices and you should be good to go.

Good luck.

Advertisements

used9volt

used9volt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It was great to read everyones posts to understand the problem.

Today I purchased a Dazzle DVC90 and ran into the same problem.

Already having Pinnacle Studio 10 installed I was not going to install version 9 of the same software on the CD but I found all the DVC90 files on the first disc. So I copied them into a new folder on my hard drive and ran the EXE file.

And VOILA the installation continued like a marvel.

Thanks for all your posts

Inspector Gadget
Australia