Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound not working....

• Please log in to reply

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
For some strange my sound has stopped fuctioning, I dont think there is anything wrong with my sound card. But I cant be sure. If anyone can help please I would be grateful.

PS I dont know if this is on the right forum but I hope so. And the sound card Im using is a SoundBlaster 24-Live card....

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manager any yellow ? or !

what happend right before you lost sound?

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
There was nothing yellow in the Device manager. And it just went dead for some strange reason. My brother shut it off from the back, and I didnt know so when I cut it back on it was just dead, there was nothing coming out the speakers.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go into device manager...right click on the sound card and choose uninstall...now restart the machine....when the computer boots back up it should redetect the card and try to install it

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Okay tried that but it didnt seem to work....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
did the computer redetect the sound card on reboot?

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
It didnt say anything about it decting the sound card, but when i uninstalled it, it made me reboot, upon start up the sound card drivers where installed.

I dont think the sound card is fried, i just think that it somehow got reset to some weird default setting and thats why its not working but I cant figure out what....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

It didnt say anything about it decting the sound card, but when i uninstalled it, it made me reboot, upon start up the sound card drivers where installed.

what do you mean? i assume you mean the "new h ardware found" deal didn't come up...but what do you mean about the "sound card drivers were installed"

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
well i went into the device manager as you said, went under the driver tab and did uninstall driver. It asked me to reboot my computer and I did so. When I went back into the device manager it said this device is working properly.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no no no...what i want you to do is right click on the device and click uninstall there...not in the driver tab under the properties of the device...actually uninstall the device...

Advertisements

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Oh okay, I was a lil confused. But I just tried what you said, and that didnt seem to work either. When i rebooted my computer the Sound Blaster live 24-bit was stilll there. So i tried to uninstall it and not reboot and it was still there. My mother board has a sound card on it called SoundMax Intergrated Digital Audio, should i try uninstalling that one. Maybe there conflicting?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hehe...i wish you had mentioned that....they are almost deffinitly conflicting...restart the computer and get into the bios(usually with f2 or del during boot)..now look for a section called "on board perripherals" or something like that...and look for the onboard audio...disable that...then save the changes and boot....

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Okay so I disabled the Onboard Audio. and I guess Im just running off the sound blaster live now, but sadly....still no sound. I ready to try anything, and I appreciate the help

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok....let's physically uninstall that card....go ahead and uninstall it as before in device manager...turn the machine of and actually take the card out of the machine....start the computer up....turn it back off...put the card back in...turn the machine back on

FutureWoWplayer

FutureWoWplayer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
okay, im gonna do that next, it will take me a few mins....