Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

networking and home entertainment

• Please log in to reply

oxygenuk

oxygenuk

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hello :)

what im gonna ask today is probably simple but im an idiot at networking so it aint simple for me, say i want to buy a home entertainment hub, like one of them xbox media center things (not xbmc, but a dedicated system) how would i go about it, do i need an internal network card or can i use one of them usb wi-fi usb sticks? (example nintendo wifi usb stick (but obviously something completey diffrent, hence *example*).

and aside from 1 end (the pc end) what about the entertainment thing, what would i need to plug in to that to allow it transfer stuff (like streaming video?) to the television?.

now aside from the home entertainment, my mum is thinking about getting a pc downstairs sometime this year, id like to share my adsl connection with her aswell so she can have the internet, but how would i go about that wirelessly? i havent got the slightest clue what id need, but erm it would need to be something simple, which i guess it would be judging by todays technology :)

so an easy to read explanation on my problems above would be appreciated, thanks in advance :tazz:

Advertisements