Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCMCIA and Cardmgr memory problems

• Please log in to reply

puritan

puritan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys!

Now I got a real problem for you guys...

We are using 2.4.29 Kernel with Slackware (no comments about that pls) 10.1 .
We are using a PCMCIA for the WLan (changing this is not an option, nor a solution) but we have a conflict with the memory adresses for the PCMCIA and a ISA CAN controller card.
We now want to change the memory adress used by the PCMCIA, since the driver for the CAN controller uses a static (not changeable) memory region.
So what do I mean?
If the PCMCIA get the adresses 1-10 in hardware but I only want to use 4-10 for example.

So we looked at /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and after we change the memory adress from 0xc0000... to 0xd0000...... we thought the problem was solved, cause the conflicting adress space is 0xc0000.
After changing the value we rebooted but when looking proc/iomem the changes has not been made.

So, basically the question is how to get cardmgr to actually read the changes made in /etc/pcmia/config.opts.

Thanks in advance.
Puritan

Ok now it seems like its a Kernel configur problem cause even if we remove the etc/pcmcia/config.opts it still works so somewhere in the Kernel
it is possible to configure the PCMCIA, but where and how?

Best regards
Puritan

Edited by puritan, 24 April 2006 - 06:49 AM.

Advertisements