Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost e-mail address/user name log-in info

• Please log in to reply

jc29ems

jc29ems

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello all,
I am having a little problem. There is a site I quite frequently visit that used to save my e-mail address so I only had to type in my password to visit. A friend used the website the other day under his e-mail address and I cannot seem to remember the e-mail address I used to log into the site and I cannot seem to find a way to retrieve it from the site. Is there any place on my computer i can find a list of stored e-mail addresses/user name? I am running windows xp.

Thanks

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there jc29ems. Could you please give us a bit more information.

What mail account is it??? (Eg. Hotmail)
Is the account using POP3, or HTTP.

Cool, let me know. :whistling:

jc29ems

jc29ems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I honestly can't remember what type of account it is. The site I am trying to get on is not a site for checking e-mail, it just uses an e-mail address as the login name.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you'll either have to remember the email address or create a new account at whatever site this is....there's no way we can help you figure that out...next time....maybe write it down?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The monkey is right, you have to log your user names and passwords somewhere. I see computers all the time with that info on a sheet of paper, handwritten, taped to the side of a filing cabinet or something. Anyone with physical access to the computer could do whatever, yet these same people will compulsively log out, despite the password on the wall. I usually suggest a little txt file buried in "my docs", but I have an index card taped under my keyboard. Silly, huh?

Johanna