Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Premier Elements - Does not complete encoding

• Please log in to reply

FUState

FUState

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
My DVD that I want to burn (that I burned successfully already once, and gave it away thinking I could burn it again) does not want to brn now. It keeps stopping while encoding at 34.01%
I removed a few sound options and trasition effects to see if it would make a difference and again it stopped at 34.01% while encoding.
I burned to MPEG and it worked, I watched the video and it was fine. So I decided to burn to a Folder with no success (stopped at the same percentage). So I decided to use Nero to burn the MPEG that Premier made but it tells me that it can't import the file and does not give me a reason.
So I created an .avi from File>Export>Movie as it is hidden from the taskbar Export.
This did not help either as the same thing popped up when I tried to use Nero to burn the .avi!
If anyone can help me on this I would appreciate it as I really don't want to redo the whole movie. Especially if that would result in the same "one succesful burn" then freeze while encoding crap.

Advertisements

FUState

FUState

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Well now I resolved (ish) my own issue... although I am not sure why it does not complete the encoding, and I did not actually fix anything.
All I did was encode to avi then once the avi is encoded, I create a new project and import the avi I created, then I put it in the timeline and Burn to DVD.
Time consuming, and annoying, and not what I expected from Adobe, but at least it works... I guess.