Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 1607 on Palm Desktop Software Install

• Please log in to reply

BRY73

BRY73

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Attached File  InstallShield_1607_Unable_to_Install_InstallShield_Scripting_Runtime.doc   332KB   90 downloadsI have a 2 week old Dell Dimension 4700 Pentium 4 Processor, WINXP - Home edition.

I also purchased a PalmOne Zire 31 palmpilot - I attempted to load the Software Installation CD that came with the palm. The InstallShield Wizard appears and it runs thru the first few setup/configuration.

Attached are the screen shots of the steps taken. I have contacted Dell - they had NO idea what InstallShield was - yet the program came loaded on the computer. He had me input another CD with an EXE on. Upon reading teh CD rom the Computer then displayed a InstallShield's hours for support and customer service are from 8-6, M-F I work before 8 and thru 6pm, making it impossible for me to contact them and have access to my home PC.

I tried to manually install the program, right clicking on the CD drive, Open, Selecting Palm Desktop and then clicking on setup.exe. But then got the same error as above, "1607: Unable to install Installshield Scripting Runtime."

Any direction would greatly be appreciated.

Advertisements

headhunter600

headhunter600

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
try this

Make sure you have the Windows Installer Service enabled and set to manual:

1. Browse to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
2. Verify that the Windows Installer Service is enabled.
3. If the Windows Installer Service is disabled, set it to Manual.

BRY73

BRY73

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks headhunter600 - Prior to reading your post this morning I copied the contents of the CD rom to my desktop then clicked on setup.exe and it intalled without error!!

Any idea why I could stall it from desktop yet not from CD?

The Windows Installer was on "Stopped" when I went into check it, I clicked on Start. It is set to MANUAL, ie it only starts when it is accessed, is this correct?

Thanks again!

BigO

BigO

• Pip
  • 2 posts

try this

try this

BigO

BigO

• Pip
  • 2 posts

HeadHunter;  I can't find what to click after I'm in administrative panel.  I can't see where it says window enable or not? Thanks!

Friedrich Schnellinger

Friedrich Schnellinger

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Maybe the installer engine is outdated. Install this, then reboot your PC and try to install your software again. It is a Windows update (KB942288)