Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burning- Encrypted DVD's

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Hi all,

I am having trouble with burning DVD's that are encrypted on Nero startsmart. I am trying to avoid having to get double layer DVD's, I have single layer DVD with 16X write speeds and 4.7 Gigz of write space. I am able to read the encrypted files and get them to the point to burn, the only problem is I dont have a large enough disk... I looked up on other forums and found a DVD Decrypter... actually that is the name of the program. This program takes the dvd and copies it to my hard drive. Now I am trying to take all those files, which are all the Video TS files and I am trying to get them on the 4.7 Gigabye DVD... I think I need a program that will compact the DVD's or is there a way to get Nero Start Smart to burn the files on the DVD... I want to be able to play the DVD's on both dvd players and computer...

Can this be done, or will I be stuck with getting double layer DVD +R DVD's?

Thanks for all the help

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What are the file types before you use Nero

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
The files are the DVD files, Video_TS... umm, I believe they are directly from the DVD, almost like Ripping it. VOB Files.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start smart, click back up, copy entire dvd movie, what does it do then?

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I tried this before, it sais that it has to write a lil overe 7 gigz, and the DVD is only 4 gigz...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have a dual layer burner, get a disc for it

If you do not have a dual layer burner, click start smart, make your own dvd movie, click make movie, browse for the file, split it in two and right click the second part, click delete, export the first bit

Do the same, delete the first part, export the second part and put the two files on two discs

Have you looked at this

http://www.doom9.org...rink31-main.htm

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I am trying the DVD Shrinker as I write this, I will let you know how it works later on... thnx for the help!

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Thank you so much for that link!..... The program did just the trick. The program did exactly what I wanted it to do, and very minimal quality loss... You only notice the loss when you look for it on a computer screen... it is nearly impossible to notice the loss on a normal television.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know