Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Waiting for system to arive.

• Please log in to reply

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I've ordered my new system and it should arive Monday to Wednesday. I really can't wait for it to arive! I'm first going to install FireFox and go straight to Oblivion. I'm just bored and decided to tell everyone how I feel about my computer comming. It's going to be awesome! The games i'm going to install are Oblivion, Guild Wars, Warcraft III Frozen Throne, Worms 3D, Stronghold, SOF 2 and some other [bleep]. I also can't wait to try doing some testing.

What should I do before I do all this stuff? Or do I jsut go ahead?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nah ditch firefox go straight to opera its pwning all the browsers at the moment, even the new IE.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I wasn't talking about Opera...
I'm sticking with FireFox thankyou.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Your choice its pretty slow though ive ditched it until 2.0 comes out because operas loading and render times are the best and when you realise that firefox basically stole half of operas features and the rest are stolen by extensions.

A tip for oblivion dont go for the story line straight away in fact dont do it for as long as possible do all the guilds first the game will last longer that way. And dont get the orrery till later it just spoils it.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
Yea, I was testing it on my dad's laptop, I got into the main quest a bit and I was like, What the... I can beat the game at level one. That wasreally gay and i'm goign to make a new person and not do it for a while, go explore towns and stuff, join the DB... Anyways, is it okay if thats one of the first things that I install. Anything I should run to see if it works and stuff?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you antivirus is the first thing to install but after that you can put on what you like.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well you antivirus is the first thing to install but after that you can put on what you like.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Gather all the drivers and the programs you like onto a backup cd if the comp doesn't have one. I like reformating and reinstalling the os ever so often, it is like having a new machine.