Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Geeks to Go story

• Please log in to reply

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
The purpose of this thread is to write a story by building on the previous post. Keep your post to a paragraph, and try to end it in a way that the next author can build on your last sentence:

And the last thing I saw was....
Coming towards me were 3....
I quickly ate all 12...

You get the idea.

The rules are:

1) It must be family-friendly. No cussing, anything crude or impolite, no extreme violence.

2) Keep it short - a paragraph per person.

3) Try to be funny - using actual names from authors of previous posts can be quite amusing, and silliness is encouraged.

I'll start.

I woke with a start, wondering what had hit me in the head. Outside the train, the scenery flashed by, accompanied by the continuous clack of the wheels. Hearing a noise, I looked up. Sitting on the luggage rack was a small monkey, a most peculiar monkey. He had an eyepatch and a red hat perched rakishly on his head. Grinning, he threw another peanut at me. With a shriek, he leapt onto my seat, and pulled my glasses off. He stuck them on his face and took off down the corridor. Half-blind, I started after him, only to be stopped by....

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
... the hazy sight of an enormous figure approaching. I started backing up as it was obvious there was no way I could pass this 300 lb creature heading for me. I raised myself onto my toes and glanced in the general direction behind the fat man and caught a glimpse of the monkey's red hat disappearing behind the door at the end of the carriage. I squeezed back into my seat and as soon as the fat man passed I headed with great urgency for the door at the end of the carriage. I opened the frosted glass door and to my amazement found only a tiny balcony with iron bars and no carriage behind. I looked up ....

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
into the dark sky, a bright light was burning what was little left of my frail cataracts. I levitated into the air in an amazing defience of gravity, heading further and further into the magnetic clutches of the mysterious illume. When the colour came back into my near sited gaze. I was astound at the horrific site before me. Monkeys. Stretching back as far as I could hardly see. I was on a pirate ship!!! "Argh, Hello Sari"said the monkey, tilting his hat with a gentleman's poise. "Don't be afraid. We be the peanut thrower's of the planet Geekto" I let out a high pitched squeal as....

Edited by sarahw, 18 August 2006 - 07:56 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I was roughly grabbed by little monkey hands and tied to the mainmast of the monkey ship. "What do you want with me?" I demanded, scowling at the monkey captain. "I've done nothing to you". He grinned an evil grin. "Be that so? Arrrrgh, I hear you be a fighter of malware - be it true?" Defiantly, I nodded. "Well, we be the writers of malware. We wish to take over the Geeks to Go site, and YOU be our key to doing so. You are going to lead us to admin, ScHwErV, Kat, and Keith, and we'll remove everyone of those silly caps from ScHwErV's name. Throw her in the brig!". The monkeys started to drag me belowdecks, when suddenly...

Mr. Green

Mr. Green

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
A swarm of RandomPosterites flooded the room, swarming everyone with various questions, ranging from serious intelectual conundrums to overly simplistic problems leaving you looking for a deeper issue convinced that it couldnt be that simple. As I looked past the incoming and all consuming flood, there in the distance I saw it, my chance, the one glimmer of hope I had almost forgot....

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
As I looked into the distance, the image began to appear. A bright figure, swathed in red light grew as it approached. Low and behold, the almighty ScHwErV in his avatar form hovered above the pirate ship. The lord of all geekdom has arrived as our saviour, and the magestic ScHwErV lowered to the deck of the ship. Much to my surprise, the lordly avatar split in half, and out of it came a horrible sight. It cannot be, the body of a monkey and the head of a man! The monkeys begin a wild dance, and the figure spoke............................

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
.... "...I will give you wisdom at the cost of your youth..." and with that the daydream snapped and the goblin was back alone thinking, "...perhaps then: Tax here, death next door and God upstairs..." should read the sign above the door as the goblin, his dues duely declared, dances out of Geneva's tax-office feeling absolutely absolved to the Moneygod until the sobriety of seeing so many stones stopped him with another thought "...funny how we build so much of our lives on a mere assumption of certainty then...". He quickened his pace the clear day had turned cold, he

[it is taken from my "may I write in third person" thead which is being added to my blog here]

Edited by fleamailman, 23 August 2006 - 08:17 PM.

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
said, "Is it just me or is it getting warmer in here."
Everyone said "No, so go away." Then Death (AKA Admin) came to him and said

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
"Do not fear young goblin, for the might of the keyboard is greater than the might of the mouse". The goblin looked at the master with great admiration and nodding his agreement spoke thus: "Oh mighty Admin, with the state I am in, I wonder if this .....

Shock Box

Shock Box

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
is an omen from the heavens said the ogre and now we have a mighty adventure a head of us and the first battle will be at Castle Doom where we will spill lots of blood in the pit of the dead where zombie's rule supreme but they do not know about our secret.....

Aushin

Aushin

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
"I think you may be getting a tad ahead of yourself, Goblin," Admin chuckled. "Slow down a moment. Your story has taken so many odd twists and turns that I have seen Tarantino flicks that made more chronological sense."

Goblin stopped to take a breath.

"First, as far as I know, there is no Castle Doom inside Francesco's Bistro," he motioned around them at the crowded tables which seated guests enjoying such delicacies as chicken marsala, tortellini in garlic sauce, and Spaghetti-O's. "Secondly, as I have been trying to tell you throughout your rant, your problem can easily be fixed if you would just show me your HijackThis log. Now, if you'll excuse me, this restaraunt is scheduled to explode in 30 seconds..."

Admin calmly stood up and walked for the exit. Goblin, dumbfounded, sat and thought about reformatting. As he is no longer important to our story, he, along with some of the finest authentic Italian cuisine to be found on the Eastern Coast of the United States (and a plateful of lukewarm Spaghetti O's), will be exploding shortly.

As he stepped outside Admin noted the presence of an elderly man nearby.

"You may not want to be standing there in about 20 seconds, unless you want to end up like one of Francesco's entrees." he said.

"And how do these entrees end up?" the oldtimer inquired.

Walking away Admin muttered, "Overcooked." Frightened, the old man hobbled as far from the bistro as he could. He had no more than crossed the street when the loudest sound he would ever hear assaulted his ears. Following this sound came a smell which could be politely described as the aroma of marinara sauce mixed with the odor of unhappy patrons who would have rather liked the air conditioning to be turned up.

The old man, whose name was Alexander, wondered by what providence his life had just been spared, who the mysterious stranger who had warned him was, and exactly where the he** he was going to eat lunch now.

He...

Edited by Aushin, 24 September 2006 - 09:45 PM.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
glanced back at the Restaurant and noticed in a far corner under the dishevelled mess of tables, chairs and splattered food, the slow movement of a body as if awakened from a deep sleep. The large eyes and inquisitive stare of the goblin figure emerged from the rubble. Suddendly Alexander realised that this lone figure was not as had been indicated "no longer important", but in fact he was the crux of the emerging story about the Geeks. As his battered body slowly lined up into some semblance of form, the goblin produced a laptop from beneath his goblin-like vest and began to vigoroursly type. Alexander stared in wonderment as the Goblin typed and grew to a larger than life form. Immediately Alexander understood that the Goblin was filling himself with the energy of the Geekstogo team and the more he typed the more light filled his goblin like body until he reached a point where .....

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
he began to spill out fragments of practice logs and canned speeches, all of which Alexander could not understand. Alexander approached the goblin, who continued to grow in size and was still speaking in tongues. There was a fierce intensity to the goblins eyes, and his body seemed to emanate some form of mystical energy. As Alexander attempted to speak to the goblin, a low growl from behind him made him turn, only to see…..

Saracen

Saracen

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
the warlock lord rising from the grave, commanding the trolls and gnomes of the northlands to attack the southland goblins, geeks and who ever else may stand in their way, "we must gain posession of the sword of shanara and then we can move forward and take control of the forums without any form of resistance " Suddenly, in an instance, the dark skies cracked opened and....

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
... out poured a large array of figures all dress in coloured tunics with laptops at their waists (secured by a strap around their necks). There were red clothed Admins, purple clothed Global Mods, bright blue Mods, green Staff, black Geek U's by the thousands and hundreds of thousands of Members advancing behind their leaders wearing faded blue tunics. No faces were visible ... in place of their faces they presented avatars all different, some blinking. As they advanced they typed frantically on their laptops, when all of a sudden ...