Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What "tech' magazines do you subscribe to?

• Please log in to reply

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
What tech magazines do you subscribe to or receive free due to your position at work?

For me it's:

Linux Journal
PC Magazine
Network World
Computer World
Information Week

:whistling:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Other than TechNet, the only one I subscribe to is CPU, and I'm not sure if I'll renew it when the subscription is due. I get almost all my tech news and information online. However, I may miss the reading material in the room where I don't usually take a computer. :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
What's stopping you, admin? Isn't that what laptops with wireless are for?

:whistling:

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
maximum pc
pc mag
cpu
pc world

is computer world any good? I tend get a lot of redundant info with tech mags.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
For now i only get Maximum PC
I'm in the same boat as Admin though, I end up reading most of the news online and end up reading the same thing over again 2 weeks later when i get my magazine. But then my parents don't like me reading on the computer :whistling:
James

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I end up reading in the store but perhaps someone is getting wise to me because a lot of mags are now in plastic bags :-( and probably why here in Geneva they seem to be on the top shelf with you know what.

I only opt for a magazine when there is a CD of something fab with it, otherwise I read online or badger forums(God bless Geekstogo then) for links. Often the same mag has a site online too, whcih has a forum like PC advisor leading me to wonder if at times the magazine is not just a printout of the site. The big drawback to a magazine is that the moment one wants to know more, one goes online to find out, it itself is not interactive.

[Slightly moving away from topic though I will start a topic about it soon, it has been a long time since I have read a book for real whereas I am reading ebooks all the time.]

SirKenin

SirKenin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Info World (an IT magazine)
Computer something or other. Another IT publication.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Now I subscribe to PC World and Popular Science (if that counts). I sometimes go to the library and read PC Magazine, Computer Shopper, and they also just got Pocket PC and Smartphone. Every once and a while I buy a Maximum PC issue if it looks good.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have MaximumPC and CPU for subscriptions only to keep up with the latest info that i can show customers. Of course i buy a lot of every kind of computer magazine you can think of at Books-A-Million. Linux user, linux format, PC PLUS, Computer Shopper, and anything that has an interesting article i would like to know about. Like Johnny7, i need more info all the time.

SRX660

ryanstuart

ryanstuart

• Pip
  • 2 posts

· Technowize - Technowize Magazine - Product Reviews, Technology News & Tech Events

· Ars Technica - Ars Technica

· CNET - Product reviews, how-tos, deals and the latest tech news

· Digital Trends - Digital Trends | Technology News and Product Reviews

· Engadget - Engadget