Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem converting AVI to VOB file

• Please log in to reply

Popadija58

Popadija58

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi everyone,

I have strange problem which I couldn't fix myself even tried many suggestions. What's the matter?

1. I have few films at one DVD disk
2. Films are all in AVI format and about 700 Mb each (Example Image 1)
3. When tried to convert it to VOB file (Image 2: Add that AVI movie into my program and as you can see at right bottom corner file should be 3312 Mb) before burnning to DVD, even using many different programs such as DVD Santa, Super DVD Converter, McFunSoft Video Converter, WinAVI, Nero, ConvertXtoDVD... all programs start fine but after very few minutes all says: CONVERTING IS FINISHED. Instead to have VOB file wich shoul be 4.3 Gb after encoding I have small VOB file of couple of minutes (Image 3.)
4. I then tried to copied files from DVD disk to Desktop but won't let me to do it. After few moments have message "Cyclic Redundancy Sheck" error.

What's the problem? Is file corrupted or something else? BTW all this movies I can watch on PC with no problem at all. Problem is that I have my comp into garage and small screen, so I preffered to watch at my big TV screen with DVD player. Also my DVD player support PAL and apart of DVD files only mp3 and WMA files.
Can anyone help please.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image_1.jpg
  • Image_2.jpg
  • Image_3.jpg

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Super Encoder

http://www.erightsof...PER.html#Dnload

Set the output container to MPEG II

You may need to use it with direct show ticked

leingod

leingod

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Do you have enough Hard Drive Disk Space? You need about 10GB worth of free space on you HDD before you start encoding.

Edited by leingod, 31 August 2006 - 02:18 AM.

Popadija58

Popadija58

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi Keith and Leingod,

Thanks for your effort to help but looks like I have not problem with converting programs but with something with my computer. I tried convert films on my work computer and all work perfect. The fact that cannot copied big files from disk to my computer (have message: cyclic redundancy check error) tell me that something else is wrong. Can you suggest me what to do to find real problem(s)?
My HD is 80 Gb free space and is big enough to hold bigger files.
Thank once more on your effort.

leingod

leingod

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Is the Hard Drive you are using formatted in NTFS? If not then you're using FAT32. FAT doesn't allow reading files over 4GBs, probably the reason you are experening Cylic Redunancy Checks Errors.
In case you do have a FAT system, reformat to a NTFS.

Edited by leingod, 01 September 2006 - 06:20 AM.