Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

eDonkey shut down by RIAA

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
eDonkey has reached a $30 million dollar settlement with the RIAA, joining BearShare, i2Hub, WinMX, and Grokster.

Very few P2P options left anymore. BitTorrent, Warez P2P, Limewire, and Soulseek are still operating, but all have been sued by the RIAA and it's probably only a matter of time.

Source: http://www.zeropaid.... Gets Shut Down

First, I'm shocked that the company behind eDonkey had $30 to pay in fines. I guess P2P was very profitable for them. Second, the P2P free ride has been over for a long time. I think everyone now knows that's illegal to swap copyrighted materials. Also, P2P clients were some of the worst offenders for silently installing crapware along with their software. Now, many of the shares are corrupted too. If you're still using P2P and haven't got the message yet -- stop.

Advertisements