Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashes everytime I try to download/install

• Please log in to reply

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Everyone,

This is my first build. Installed Windows Xp and partitioned hard drive. Then I loaded Linspire on the other Partition. Evrything works and I can access the internet. However everytime I try and load a driver or install anything it crashes and restarts.

Upon restart an error message is displayed I click on send to report the error and it says ther is an unrecoverable hardware error but that ther is not enough info to determine specific component and continues on to impempending doom!

The thing is Linspire works fine (except I haven't be able to connect to internet yet, but thats another something I can work on later.)

Here is my system

AMD Venice 3500, Biostar Nvidia NF4UL-A9 mb, Seagate 7200.10 320 gb hdd, Nexus 500w psu, Kingston hyperx
1GB pc3200 DDR SRAM memory

Any help we be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Truth1791 and welcome to G2G!

First of all please turn off auto restart on error as this might give us a blue screen to work with.

Right click my computer > click properties > click advanced > click settings under startup and recovery > untick automatically restart on error > click ok > click apply and restart your PC.

If the PC blue screen note down the information and paste it with your next post.

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Zues,

Thanks for the reply. When I click on advaanced the advaced properties menu comes up and has two options, niether one which I can access. The options are 1.) run with different credidtials, 2.) run in seperate memory space.

Run in sep mem space is checked, but like I said I can't access either option.

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay, I had a brain fart- sorry.
I turned of the auto restart and it still restarted!

So I erased my hdd clean and reinstalled- Alas, same thing keeps happening. This is stressing me out!

Zues_GB you are my only hope. :whistling:

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Strange....are there any errors logged in the event logs.

Click start > click run > type eventvwr.msc > click ok > Look under system and application for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your restart > double click the entries to view more details > then list any with your next post.

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hallowed are the Ori!

Thanks for all your help. Here we go ther are many and the descriptions are long.
First up application errors.

1. WinMgmt- A Rsop planning mode providor has been registered in the WMI namespace,root\RSOP, but did not specify hostingmodel property. This account is privleged and the provider may cause a secutity violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure provider hasbeen reviewed for security and update hosting model property to an account with the least privleges possible for required functionality.

2. CmdTriggerConsumer, has been registered in the WMI namespace,Root\cimv2. This account is privleged....

3. HiPerfCooker_v1 has been registered in WMI namespace,Roo\Wmi, to use the local system account. This account...

Now for system errors.

1. Error code 0000009c, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 80545ff0, parameter3 b2000000, parameter4 0070f0f

:whistling: Okay thats it for now!

Hallowed are the ori!

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey Zues_GB,

How's life across the pond? :whistling:

Any luck yet, or should I get the sledge hammer out and start beating the computer to death?

Hope everything is going well on your end. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Edited by Truth1791, 20 October 2006 - 02:22 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

Things here are ok, i'm just glad it's the weekend! How are things with you?

I've looked up the stop message on the MSKB site and it could be a hardware fault.

Do you have anything overclocked?
Have you tested your RAM with a RAM tester? Memtest86+
What power supply do you have? Is it new?
Are all your fans running?

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey Zues_GB

Thing are great , exept for my little computer problem here. ( at least I hope it is little ).

Which memtest do I dowwn load ? Pre compiled or source code?

I am new at this.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Edited by Truth1791, 24 October 2006 - 02:01 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Pre-compiled.
Use bootable ISO version or the bootable floppy version.

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
This computer problem is killing me! I ama patient man but this is ridiculous.

I downloaded memtest and now windows says it can not open an ISO file.

I then downloaded the floppy and it and it says zip file does not exist and ask if I wan't to create a new file. I go to winzip menu and click new then add and then open and I get nothing.

If you were not helping me on this I think I would go insane!

What should I do now?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The ISO file needs to be burnt to a CD. Do you have a CD-RW drive in your PC?
The floppy version opens ok on my copy of WinZip 9.0 SR1.
Try redownloading the file.

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Okay,

Got memtest to run using floppy. The test cycled thru twice and passed both times. No errors. Here is some info from the screen.

ECC Disabled. Cache - on, CAS: 3-3-3-8 (I guess this is the timing, if so could it be on wrong setting?)

At the bottom of the memtest blue screen there was a configre button . When pressed it gives ten options, Didn't want to play around with these. Is there settings I should change?

Are there scans for mb, hdd, and chip that I can run as well?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You should leave it running for several hours.

What RAM do you have?
Do you have anything overclocked?
What power supply do you have? Is it new?
Are all your fans running?

Truth1791

Truth1791

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
All fans are running, my psu is new it is a nexus 500w and I don't know how to overclock anything. My mem is Kingston HyperX and my RAM is 201 MHz - total mem 2048m