Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

brightness

• Please log in to reply

shambah

shambah

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey guys this wil sound so stupid its not funny.... iv bin watchin some tv shows off the net, u dont hav 2 download them...anyway the quality is poor.... is there anyway that i can increase the brightness of my monitor (besides using the buttons on the monitor, because i already have them maxed out.) I canput up with the dodgy quality, but you cant really see much cus its so dark...anyway thanks guys

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi and welcome :whistling:

Are these videos off Google Video? How are you getting them?

Do you have trouble seeing anything else on your computer, or is this just exclusive to videos?

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Na its from a site called www.peekvid.com- Don't no how it works, but i can watch vid's online

I don't really have trouble normally, tho the computer isn't that bright.... Its just cus its one of those sites i believe... i could download them and run them through window media or smfin similar, and in this i could adjust the brightness, but it takes way to long to download...

It runs with adobe flash player (9), but cus its online all i can adjust is the sound...nehu thanks for any1 who try's to help

Shams

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Have you tried another monitor? I would also suggest updating your video card drivers if you can. If you need help or guidance with anything, let us know.

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok thanks 4 that.... i have a new monitor on the way, just waiting for it still...

Thanks matey

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hopefully you meant that you're borrowing one, right? I mean, You didn't go buy a whole new monitor, did you? Trying a different monitor is a test to see which device has the issue. Keep us updated.

shambah

shambah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
lol well i already hav 1 on the way... i got it from ebay...

:whistling:

just waiting 4 it 2 arrive