Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Vista Problem, please help

• Please log in to reply

koldnrg

koldnrg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got vista ultimate today and got it loaded pretty much with out a hitch, except after the install the system would hang. Windows is installed on a sata raptor 36gb, with 2 other internal storage Ide drives, one 80gb, and one 160gb, The system sits at the green progress bar, and the hdd light is on, but there is no hdd noise associated with it. After aboud 10-15 minutes I hear a sudden fury of hdd activity and windows proceeds to finish booting. All my files are visable and accessible on the 80 gig, but the 160 gig says the drive can not be accessed. If I remove both IDE drives vista will boot in around 30 seconds, but plug any one of them back in, and it hangs at the green progress bar again. I have checked and rechecked all my jumpers to no benifit, went through and tried different sittings in bios with no results either. Possibly need to wait for some new nForce4 drivers? My specs are listed below please help me out, and thanks in advance.

Asus A8n-Sli premium 939
AMD Athlon 64 4200+ Dual core
2gb Corsair DDR400 Pc3200 cl2
7800GTX Nvidia
NEC 16x DVD burner
SATA WD Raptor 36gb
IBM 80gb ide
WD 160gb ide

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try installing on the 160Gb ive got vista installed on a 60Gb parition and its a little too small for easy use vista is massive on the drive.