Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mIRC

• Please log in to reply

§oulEp§ilon

§oulEp§ilon

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Do you guys have mIRC? How do I connect to it if you do?

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Double-click to open mIRC then take the following menus -> Tools -> Options -> under "Connect" click on Servers -> choose your desired IRC Network -> choose an IRC server -> click on "Connect to server".

Hope this helps.. Any other questions, just ask :whistling:

§oulEp§ilon

§oulEp§ilon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Sorry I said that wrong =P, I meant for the Live chat here I can't connect to it because it just has a red X in the top left corner so I was wondering if I could connect to it with mIRC.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Ah yes :whistling:

The IRCNetwork is Wyldryde for the livechat. Under tools -> options -> connect -> servers, choose Wyldryde for network.

Then click Edit (I'm not sure if mIRC still has it out of date). Make sure the IRC server is set to irc.wyldryde.org if not, write that in. Ports are: 6666-6667

Connect to the server and the channel name is #geekstogo :blink:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There is somewhere a guide with pictures if you search the forum youll find it easy enough covers everything you need to know.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It's in the pinned topics in this forum:

http://www.geekstogo...on-t140036.html