Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Polygamy Problem

• Please log in to reply

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hey guys

I dl polygamy about 3days ago so I could run more then one msn! But I never released that the version I dl it’s a trial one!! So... I delete it straight away! BUT for some reasons I get a pop up! from polygamy! "YOu current version of MSN Content Plus is not registered and has 25 trial time/days left. Please register now :whistling:".... I used “avg anti spy ware” free version but it didn’t found anything!! I hope this is not a malvare... problem!! Pls help!!! Cheers.

Edited by NEW ZEALAND, 12 March 2007 - 10:59 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you use add and remove to uninstall it

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
hey

Thx for the quick reply! And no i havent used add/remove i used uninstall the programe

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Prefetch is clickable for more information

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Reboot

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run defragmenter

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2007 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable the anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Ok!!!

I did what you told me to do!!! Thanks very much you were very help full and FAST!!! :blink: :whistling: I LIke that! ^_^ anyway Thanks again!! really appreciated! and my comp runs faster, betar, also if something goes wrong ill post a new topic! Just one more thing! What should i do with this tune up? Delete it?

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
ah.....that thing still pops up!!! :help:...what should i do now? :whistling: ... (i thing its a small spyware...:blink: )

Edited by NEW ZEALAND, 13 March 2007 - 02:17 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Keep Tune Up for now, it runs for a month

Click start then search, include hidden and system files, look for the programme, delete anything you find, leave them in the recycle bin, reboot to check the PC will run without them

If you get access denied, click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up, remove any ticks for the programme, click apply and reboot, tick do not start the configuration utility when it gets to the desktop

Try to remove anything for the programme, especially a folder within the programme files folder

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i delete it the files before i posted this topic!!... the software i dl called polygamy but when the pop up come up after computer loads it called msn content plus Rigester Alert...!! And i've searched the computer didnt found anything..

Edited by NEW ZEALAND, 13 March 2007 - 06:17 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstallers have their own rules, some say uninstalled and mean it, some say uninstalled and leave bits

It could be that polygamy took bits of MSN with it, reinstalling MSN may help

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
hey!

I did reinstalling msn but the pop up still coming up... :whistling:....

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you send post the link from where you got polygamy

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
http://www.softpedia...lygamy-75.shtml

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
have u got it or not??...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I was looking for the folder it would have installed to, and a different name for registry enries

You should ask them for advice on uninstalling anything which is causing the pop up, there must be something left on the system for it to keep doing it

NEW ZEALAND

NEW ZEALAND

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
who should i ask advice for unistalling this programe?..cnet.com?