Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot set the monitor to the proper resolution

• Please log in to reply

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
So I finally got my new system running. Now my problem is I can't set the resolution right. I have a 1680x1050 widescreen monitor. When I adjust the resolution I can set it to either 1360x768(which uses the whole screen but is blurry) or I can set it to 1680x1050(it looks sharp but only uses 1/2 the screen)
So when I put it in the 1680x1050 resolution it's automatically acting like I have a dual screen set up and displaying the left half on my monitor and leaving the rest blank.

Advertisements

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I don't know if this is because I'm using a VGA cable. But when I plug in the DVI cable I get no video signal at all. I actually think my monitor's DVI input is bad, but I don't have the time or the money to ship it back for a new one...
*** edit***
I fixed it. I'm still forced to use the VGA but I got the monitor to display properly

Edited by Gamerlicious, 28 March 2007 - 12:04 PM.