Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply

erobblee

erobblee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am not sure if this is the right place to get help for this problem...if not please direct me. We have VISTA and have some how picked up some sort of spyware or virus and I can't find it to get rid of it.

When I open Internet Explorer I keep getting an error message for tvtpwm_ie_com.dll it then asks to send and error report and then closes my computer down. It is happening on two different computers here.

Can anyone help me...??

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
This is 'ThinkVantage Password Helper'. It is a legitimate browser helper object.
See the link here:
http://www.pc.ibm.co...h/security.html

If you aren't sure what to do about the error report, see if you can get support information in the link.

erobblee

erobblee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If it is a legit thing then why does it keep crashing my computer?? I have gone to the website you provided but there is no way to contact them and I can not figure out how to stop this error message and the crashing.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
I have no idea.
If you bought your computer pre-loaded with Vista, you might want to ask the manufacturer of your computer.

This looks like a support page (look on the right-hand side list):
http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/