Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERROR DURING INSTALL

• Please log in to reply

grambo271

grambo271

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am installing Symantec Antivirus Corporate Vista Edition v10.2.224. Upon attempting to install the 32bit version of this I receive the following error:

Setup Error
Not enough storage is available to process this command

Click OK and "Installation did not complete" error pops up.

I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate on this system.

Specs:
Sony VIAO (Laptop)
Pentium 1.6GHz
512Mb
70Gb Drive (28 Gb free)

System is very clean. No random programs installed.

Any help you might offer would be appreciated.

Thanks -

Grambo271

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi grambo271...

You might try increasing the size of the paging file and try it, but the root problem is that you don't have enough RAM installed to run the operating system and do an intense install like Norton...you've barely enough to run Vista by itself. With the amount of RAM you now have, I wouldn't advise installing either Norton or McAfee...they require too much system resource and you will have nothing but problems.

That being said, try one of the free AV programs like Avast or AVG which have much smaller resource requirements. For even better protection, you might look into purchasing either Kapersky or NOD32. These premium programs have small footprints and are about the best protection available.

Bottom line? Get more RAM...Vista Ultimate likes 2GB for the best performance.

wannabe1

grambo271

grambo271

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank You Wannabe. Took your advise and installed Avast for now. Will increase the RAM and see where that takes me. I had already increased the pagoing file with no luck (prior to posting) but I can see your point.

I'll let you know and thanks again!

Grambo271

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You are quite welcome!