Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help getting on Wifi For Nintendo DS

• Please log in to reply

killer12

killer12

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I been trying to get on Wifi for a While now and i figure out that my Router's Firewall has been blocking me the whole time trying to get online for the Nintendo Ds on Wifi so i was wondering if anyone knew a way to keep my firewall on but also let me use the nintendo ds wit Wifi, I have a Westell Modem. I don't wnat to disable my firewall just to play a game online because i don't think it is worth it. Thanks.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
What is your router type and model? How did you find out that the DS was being blocked by an internal firewall?

If you type your router's defualt ip adress into your web browser you should get the settings page for your firewall.

Default IPs:

Linksys - 192.168.1.1

D-Link and Netgear - 192.168.0.1

US Robotics routers - 192.168.123.254

SMC routers - 192.168.2.1.

If you are still having trouble getting to your router's settings page then do this: Go to Start > Run > Type CMD. In the Command Prompt type: IPCONFIG. The IP address listed under "default gateway" should be the IP address of your router.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Titan8990, 08 May 2007 - 02:21 PM.

killer12

killer12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i know how to access my router...... i just want to know on the router's web page anyway i can connect to WIFI without disabling my Router's firewall... i tried port forwarding but it didnt work... i had no clue what to do