Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ffpsrv.exe error shuts down my computer!

• Please log in to reply

_mimis

_mimis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello.
I'm desperate because I've been trying continuously since yesterday to fix thisp roblem with mycomputer but I have not much to do because it doesnt even stay logged on for much long. I installed this file and folder protection program and right after I did it the computer stopped working. I didnt even used the program. When I went to uninstall it I couldn't even do it with the "add/remove prgrams", it asked me for a weird password that I didn't even got the chance to create. I did something really wrong, deleted the program directely from the Folders and I know I didn't unistall it. When I turn my computer on and log in to Windows it gives me an error message saying about this ffpsrv.exe that some kind of error was found gives me the option to close the program. Without even selecting anything sometimes a blue screen will show up and shut down my computer. =(((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I tried the safe mode for several times, ran the anti virus twice and nothing's changed.

I DON'T KNOW WHATELSE TO DO! =(

Help me. =(

Advertisements

_mimis

_mimis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I FOUND WHERE IT IS LOCATED ON MY COMPUTER. C:WINDOWS/FFPEXT

APPARENTLY IT IS A HIDDEN FOLDER!!!!!
I CAN'T DELETE IT EITHER IT SAYS IT'S BEING USED .

_mimis

_mimis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I found the file and deleted it when it wasnt being used, and my computer seemed ok.
Later i was using usb and the computer stopped again.

=(

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
You can contact the company with your problems:
http://www.softheap.com/contact.html