Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista crashes on startup

• Please log in to reply

gumby701

gumby701

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
My problem started when I got a new motherboard, a P965 by MSI

When I finally got everything hooked up, once it started loading Vista (or maybe during/after) , it immedeatly restarted. I managed to turn off Automatic restart, and then it gave me a BSOD with the STOP error 0x00000024.

So, I look online for a solution, and found that I could probably fix it with my Vista DVD. So, I hook up my DVD drive, insert the Vista DVD and run it. As soon as the progress bar on the bottom of the screen finiished, it immedeatly crashed again.

I'm not sure what to do.

Maybe my video card has an issue and wont display anything requiring work.

...or not.

Advertisements

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
It might be your video card. What are your system's specs?

gumby701

gumby701

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Ehh, it turns out my HDD reverted to RAW, but I stil cant run Vista Installation, so I can switch Drives. If all else fails I'll just use one of the computers at work to install it or something...

The Vid Card is an ATI 1550 GT
I have 1G of RAM
2.88GHz Processor