Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emptied recycling bin

• Please log in to reply

Somerville

Somerville

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
i had two folders of the same in my documents and deleted one of them and emptied the recycling bin, now it has removed both the folders, is there any way to get them back? Thanks for any help

EDIT- Any freeware ect

Edited by Somerville, 01 July 2007 - 07:48 AM.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
This Person says to try "Restoration" (quoted from link)

there are various utilities available to recover deleted data, even data emptied from the Recycle Bin. Some of them are even free to download. One of the most popular for Windows is Restoration. One word of caution, though, this program will find just about everything that you've ever deleted from your PC, including files deleted from program uninstalls, so if you know the extension (DOC, MP3, etc.) of the file that you deleted, narrow your search to only files with that extension. Once you find your file select it, and then click on "Restore by Copying." If you have a file on your hard drive with the same name, make sure to save the restored file on an alternate drive, CDROM, floppy or flash disk so that your currently saved file is not overwritten!

Of course, Restoration is free, so there are no guarantees in recovering your data

http://askbobrankin....eted_files.html

Somerville

Somerville

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
thanks alot found it with no problem!

Zakilla

Zakilla

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have a question the program saids it can completley delete files and make it "almost" impossible to restore the files. In what ways could you attempt restore them after they have been deleted by Restoration.

gumby701

gumby701

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Then you are SOL.

If you are lucky a HDD restoration place can find it...and a steep cost.

Of course my preffereed method of killing data is to hit the HDD with a seldgehammer....

Zakilla

Zakilla

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
The sledgehammer that is always fun.