Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Home Premium - ITune Updates

• Please log in to reply

Peelymonster

Peelymonster

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I have Vista Home Premium. Four ID's are setup on the pc - only 1 is setup as administrator. We're getting messages from one of the (non-admin) ID's that wants to update iTunes. I click on Download the latest iTune update, Vista stops the download and asks for my password, I type it in and instead of completing the download, it reverts back to the original screen (notifying us that new updates need to be installed). This repeats when I try again.

Itunes has to be on each persons ID in order to maintain their playlists, etc. Any suggestions on why this isn't working?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Cybertimber2007

Cybertimber2007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
The update issue is one apple knows about. I'm not sure if it's fixed in iTunes 7.3, as I am only aware that its only change was for iPhone support.

What I will recommend is to log out, and log in to the account that has Administrator privlages, and update iTunes. Future updates will probably work if the version you update to has been fixed.

Peelymonster

Peelymonster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thank you! Here's what I ended up doing:

On Admin ID - went to iTunes site to download (actually SAVE) the latest version to the desktop.
Opened Explore All Users and moved the file to the SHARED DESKTOP folder
Switched to the other ID
Opened Explore All Users and double clicked on the file in the SHARED DESKTOP folder
The install completed just fine and everything is working.

Thanks for your help!