Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

Buckster88

Buckster88

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Well as a youngster my teeth were rather large, almost buck teeth i guess so my nick was bucky.Guys at work would call me buckster, and my fav nascar racer is earnhart jr # 88. so buckster88 is how i chose my "handle". :)

Advertisements

Buckster88

Buckster88

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi all, i really need some help with this computer. Since day 1 it will not send any of my emails, it used to send them mto mym outbox but that is not happening now. If i go to a web site it gets there great if i click on a career opertunities it goes to the page good but when i click on a job i get nothing for about 20 seconds and then the error message pops up saying the servfer is reconnecting or the address is not valid, or something about a proxy. This is the same error i get with my e-mail to. I took my comp back to future shop today and we set it up and it worked great, no issues at all. I have replaced the modem, i have no router. 3 Shaw phone techs no success, tech at my home nothing.Any insight would be greaT.

Bismillah

Bismillah

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Nortan360
i decided to pick this name because the first antivirus i had was norton360..
I noticed after a while i kept spelling it wrong by calling it Nortan360 not Norton360
The 360 can be related to alot of things Xbox, circles? :)
A friend of mine who works in the computer repair business always referred to the Symantec company as Nortans
As i found out norton360 wasnt the best antivirus ever (in my opinion!) i decided to remove it but i thought i should keep a little remerence of it. and keep it the way ive been spelling it incorrectly :unsure:

St@mpEdO

St@mpEdO

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well, my nick came to birth from one of my traits.

My persistence.

Anyhow, the main reason for my godfather giving me this nick follows:

While i was playing streetball, usually when i try to finish, my entry was fierce. So dudes who knew me, usually went aside when i start to accelerate... :) Or else, they`d bounce back or bounce "down" off the ground... :unsure:

How is this connected to my trait?

Well, what i start i finish in any means necessary. Nobody can stop me. I simply allways find the way.

So, my nick is a word from my language, for the english word Stampede.

Cheerz!

pitfighterkato

pitfighterkato

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hello, I am new to this site. I got my nick from one of my favorite arcade games of all time!

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
I'm Blonde and it's terminal

savagecat

savagecat

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I AM DRAWN TO ANIMAL PRINTS, AND LUV THE MYSTERY OF THERE UNPREDICTABLE NATURE, ITS ALLURING.

attagirl

attagirl

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My second car was nicknamed attagirl, although she wasn't much to look at on the outside, the inside was really great. No rips or tears, great heater and radio, she sure was a hard working car and never gave me any trouble. I put alot of wear on her, and she always came through, that is until someone stole her from me. I sure did care for her and treated her good. Kept up on the tune-ups and oil changes. Guys would ask me to sell her to them , and I would tell them no way, she's a good running car, and I only paid $100 for her. So I took her name, and the rest is history.

KenKugel

KenKugel

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Nothing fancy. It's my real name.

Mysticgran

Mysticgran

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hello

My nickname came about from the fact i use to read the Tarot etc for many years and being granny to my beautiful grand-daughter Liberty Jo.

Mysticgran

Advertisements

infallible

infallible

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I'm new to this site so not sure if I can really post here but my nickname was given to me by my football coach meaning to not make mistakes. I'm not infallible though. I don't believe anyone is.

Kakariki

Kakariki

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Kakariki is the Maori word for green.

There are multiple reasons I chose this for my online name:

I've always associated the colour green with nature, and I really, really love the outdoors.

Green is frequently associated with creativity, something that is also important to me.

I used the Maori word for green; as a relatively subtle way to display national pride, because I associate it with some great childhood memories, and because it sounds cooler.

Another reason why I chose this nick, is because it is relatively obscure and I hate creating an account on a new (for me) site and having to figure out how to spell my nick differently or choose a new one because mine has already been taken.

Piperman

Piperman

• Pip
  • 0 posts
i play the bagpipe

Victoria Torres

Victoria Torres

• Pip
  • 8 posts

So how did you get your nickname/handle/name? I'm admin, um because I'm the site admin. :yes:

I'm sure many of you have more interesting stories behind your choice of nicks, let's hear them! :)

How do I Register my nic for chat? I'm an advanced tech and I can't figure this out ha!

dashize

dashize

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I was give Dashize from gaming early in the 90s and just kind of kept it since then, got it around the time snoop dogg.