Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How did you get your nick?

• Please log in to reply

Naraly

Naraly

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Well.. i combined my first name and middle name to form Naraly :) and now lots of people call me that ^_^

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I got my name from a combination of Agent And My initials "MES"

:)

dwug

dwug

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I got mine from my first name and my fondness for playing Dwarves in D&D and Warhammer. I'm pretty much know as dwug wherever I go on the web.

shannianni

shannianni

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
Hi everyone

my name is Ian but Shannianni has come from my daughters name Shannon Amber = Shannianni
I have always called her that from when she can remember and she has told me not to change it, we are both from London, England and she will be 9 in August

many thanks to all the helpers on here - what a fantastic site and hope it remains here for a very long time to come.

Regards

Ian AKA Shannianni

Edited by shannianni, 22 January 2008 - 06:53 AM.

cable89

cable89

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
well cable cause i got lots wires running through my room so i got the name cable and they also called me the unabomber lol because i made speakers out of hard drives the 89 was my old football number (american football) also i had the name bishop cause i people had the tendansy of coming to me with their problems and stuff yeah i guess it came from the dude name bishop on the movie waiting

GamingX

GamingX

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
GamingX, because I was a gaming freak at one time and was creating a site and am still creating one, I was looking for a good name with Gaming to it, and this sort of flashed through my mind. This was some 3-4 years back and though my gaming(ness) is wearing off, I've kept the name. :)

slashplayer

slashplayer

• Pip
  • 0 posts
I wanted a name that had something to do with American football...a "slashplayer" is capable of playing linebacker/defensive back or linebacker/defensive end -seen in a 3-4 scheme or Tampa-2 (...Steelers/Colts)

Edited by slashplayer, 02 February 2008 - 08:44 AM.

Fred Flintstone

Fred Flintstone

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 11 posts
Wish I could claim the "creativity" of some shown here... :)

When I was registering at my first forum a few years back (PCGuide), the kids were watching the tv...

Bet you are all wondering what they were watching??.... :) :) :)

Couldn't be bothered with different nicks' all over the place, so use the same name at all forums now.
(Fred Flintstone was already taken here, so added the SWI on the end.. first security forum I registered at).. :)

Fred..

Angelbabe1uk

Angelbabe1uk

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Mine goes way back to my dreamareana chat room days :)
It started out as AngelBabe
But as years went along i added the 1uk because i was finding it hard to just use the name AngelBabe
if you put my name in search chances are you will most probably find lil Ole meeee :) :)

SBernheart

SBernheart

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
>> Crazy monkeys with their accents! << LOVE IT!!

I got my nic like most -- from a little of this and a little of that. I live on a street with 'bern' in it and my Dad used to call me 'Sarah Bernhardt' when I was a little girl and, no -- I'm not THAT old, HE was!! She was an actress from way, WAY back. Anywho, I spelled it a bit different to make it my own and I've since been called 'Sara Bernheart'.

My husband's is similar, but just as different, and since we're sharing....his is 'Bernwoodshanover'. Again, from our street's name, 'wood' is part of it and 'bern', too, of course, like mine, but if you know anything about harness horse racing, they use 'hanover' a lot and my hub's a fan, so....the crazy monkey's would sound something like 'DSenetteshanover' as if it 'belonged' to him, you see? Actually you SHOULD be 'seeing something like', not 'sounding something like'. -- THAT would be the crazy monkey's job to make your nic 'sound like' something, right? (See DSenette's first reply on page one of this thread to see...I mean, HEAR what I'm referring to.)

Ah....I'm feeling at home already. What a GREAT question and I'd rather say 'hey' in a thread like this to introduce myself, so HEY!

SBernheart [;}]

Advertisements

fr33zypop

fr33zypop

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
fr33zypop has been a nickname I have had for many years. My last name is freeze and people associated it with a freezypop so that how that became. I see alot of people use freezypop for a username so I just added the 3's to make myself !337

Lord Android

Lord Android

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I like cybernetics. So I decided to learn about it and now I'm Lord Android :).

Scotty

Scotty

WTT Visiting Staff

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
I used to be called Mac70 but one day I was working at my pc when the phone rang. I picked it up and said "Hello Mac70". :)

So I just switched to my real name to avoid confusing my wee mind.

Kei_Centillion

Kei_Centillion

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

I like cybernetics. So I decided to learn about it and now I'm Lord Android :).

xD ah, I've never done that, but I've heard someone say "L O L" out lout before!

I got my nickname from... I don't really remember how it happened, but I was trying to think up a new name for a new character on a game one day, and talking on MSN to a friend from japan, and they told me that we should start a designing business online, and I tried to think up a name; I had "Kei" in my mind for a character name, and it means (in Japanese I believe) "style" or "visual style" or something, and it sounded kind of like a real name (Kyle I suppose).

Centillion hit me because I thought it would be cool to have something that sounded like "bicentennial" since I was so obsessed with time and big numbers, I recalled a large number that sounded like it...

And the rest is history.

Kei_Centillion became like my second name.

Maylstryx

Maylstryx

• Pip
  • 0 posts
The name Maylstryx is the name of a dragon in the Dragonlance books which I read. Also the character I played in D&D and the one I grew most fond of I named Maylstryx.