Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can we improve Geeks to Go?

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We love feedback! :blink: Here's your chance to let us know what's working here at Geeks to Go, and what's not.

Ground rules: Please be civil. We won't respond to everyone but we WILL read every post. Tell us where you'd like to see Geeks to Go go next. Want to see more or less of something? Got ideas, criticisms? Thanks in advance for your time, attention and help making G2G the best it can be! :whistling:

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Thanks for the chance to take some ideas. I have an idea. Have a topic that details the ways of editing your post, I asked a couple questions in another post Here
Things of how to do the more advanced things than just posting.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Good feedback! I will look at adding more information about advanced posting options to the new user orientation forum.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette might make some video tutorials to match once he has time

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I guess Im the only one who is going to use this forum :blink:

How about, taking the My Topics - My Controls - View New Posts - My Assistant - My Friends - New Messages links from the top and copy them to the bottom as well.

That way when you post you can click right there. I know after posting I usually click View New Posts and some threads even with 15 entries per page can get quite lengthy to scroll back up to the top. If they all got moved down there thats ok, but I mainly use the Vew New Posts link.

Thanks for hearing me out :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ctrl + home will return you to the top of the page

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

ctrl + home will return you to the top of the page

Killin me here man, you're killin me :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Keep 'em coming. :whistling:

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
This is not a biggie, but I believe it should be considered. I think we should rename HJT in the malware forum to the way it is properly spelled.

Malware Removal - HiJackThis™ Logs Go Here

Notice that the j is capitilzed, when in the actual program it looks as follows.

HijackThis

Dunno what you guys think, but I thought I would throw it out there. This was mentioned to me over at SWI in one of my PL's and I think its a good point.

I.D.S. Administrator

I.D.S. Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Ubuntu Forums does this thing, whereas you type the title into the topic field, and it brings up a list of similar threads. Imagine how many unneccesary threads would.. Not exist.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

This is not a biggie, but I believe it should be considered. I think we should rename HJT in the malware forum to the way it is properly spelled.

Fixed.

Ubuntu Forums does this thing, whereas you type the title into the topic field, and it brings up a list of similar threads. Imagine how many unneccesary threads would.. Not exist.

That is a very nice feature IDS. I'll see what we can do.

A little more explanation to keep others from having to register at Ubuntu Forums to view it in action:

Between the topic title, and the post window (about where Poll Options are here) the following message is displayed:

Notice: When you enter a thread title the system will search for similar threads which have already been posted. That should help you to find answers.

After the Topic Title is entered it changes to:

Here are the similar threads we found:
...similar topic block here
Please take a look at those threads before you start a new one.

stephbealee

stephbealee

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
The links to download kerio and sygate don't seem to be working on thread "how did i get infected in the first place?" (what an enlightening article!)
Thanks for the info on freeware firewalls!

9.) It is critical that you use a firewall to protect your computer from hackers. We don't recommend the firewall that comes built in to Windows. It doesn't block everything that may try to get in, and the entire firewall is written to the registry. As various kinds of malware hack the Registry in order to disable the Windows firewall, it's far preferable to install one of the excellent third party solutions. Three good ones that are freeware to boot are ZoneAlarm, Kerio and Sygate

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*
[not helpful, not a suggestion - removed]

Edited by admin, 18 August 2007 - 01:18 PM.

BigAl_2

BigAl_2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi to all,
First let me say what a great job you folks do here. The help is always first rate. Thank you.

I get the impression that occasionally people don't read thru the "Before posting a HJT log " info or don't follow all the steps. Would it be possible to have some sort of checklist or popup to indicate the recommended steps were performed prior to posting a topic ?

Again, great work on the site.
Big Al 2

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
It would be nice to have a test or scribble area like Bleeping does.
Although, I guess there would have to be one in the private forums and in the regular forums.
My main reason for wanting it is for my PL's so that I can make sure any BB code that I use is working right.