Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More productivity killing - use it at work!

• Please log in to reply

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
http://www.official-...r.com/play.html

Fun fun... see how long you can make a ride that "loops" before it fails. I used 91 lines (most of them long) and made it loop for 18 mins before he crashed and died :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
dadburnit! i got the guy to loop once without really doing anything special...but now i can't get it to do that

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Yes, it's quite tricky... on my loop he goes faster each time causing him to die on loop 11 :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
figured out that you have to put gaps in the track...i could have sworn i got a loop without a gap...but i didnt'...also wish there were a way to make him go the other way hehe...i tried doing a spiral....but that was insane...he'd crush himself on the third loop

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Hahaha I tried that too... didn't work too pretty :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
dadburnit! i got to something like 500 lines and it locked up...

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Check out these line-rider videos.
http://www.gamevideo.../GFW_Line_Rider

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
got one that's 382 lines

onedoller

onedoller

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
haha this is tricky... hard to even get him to do a loop!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's addictive is what it is! and complex physics in it

i had a track that was awesome...had over 1000 lines...i went back and shortened one line in the track...and it ruined the whole rest of the track because his speed changed through that one section...i was so angry

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
1000 lines? You don't use the straight line option, do you? :whistling: His speed is annoying to control... I had one part where he would fly backwards almost completely horizontally for two minutes.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no...i don't use the straight line...because when you've got to delete a part of a line to make something work...it will delete the whole line (like my 1000 line track that i screwed up) and screw with all the timings in that section...if you just do it in small lines with the pencil..you can easily delete lines without causing too many problems...i wish you could drag lines that you've drawn...that would be nice..

i like getting alot of hang time...like having the guy speed along a track that swoops up at the end...then putting a line right at the top of his trajectory so that it catches him right as he begins to fall.....i also like having him flip off the end of a line and catching him down at the bottom of the flip

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
SWEET!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW44BpXpjYw

i need to figure out how to record these things...and....well..make better tracks

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
I *need* to watch those (when the 'rents aren't home)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
they're not dirty hahahah

i got my track over 2000 lines yesterday...trying to get it to loop back onto itself....so that it's like a perpetual motion machine...but i don't think it's possible