Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox (original) wireless

• Please log in to reply

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
i have heard of an accessory to the original xbox that plugs into the ethernet port and makes wireless internet for the xbox possible.

1) is it worth it? (lag, bandwith issues if any, comparison to wired connection)

2) if so, where can i purchase one and for how much?

Advertisements

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Yeah, actually I have the original Xbox, and I bought the wireless receiver for it, which is a receiver, and has an Ethernet cable that can be plugged into the back of the xbox... it also came in handy when you need wireless on a computer as well. I bought mine at Best buy, and it is a the X box Brand.

It's hard to find now... but I found it online at COMPUSA.com : http://www.compusa.c...ireless_Adapter

THis is exactly what I use... As long as you have a good connection, like cable, or the higher end DSL, then you shouldn't have any problems.... You do need a Wireless router to use this though. I use Linksys Wireless g/b router, and it works wonders.... I hardly get lag, and I have never lost my connection.

Setting it up can be a lil trouble, but it's not too hard to figure out, just fallow the instructions that come with the receiver.

Hope this helps, and good luck

fortune82

fortune82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
$100 is a lil steep for me, but thnx for the link

PGriff

PGriff

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have on and i'd be willing to put it on ebay if you want to bid on it. Its still in good condition.

And it works great , BTW.

Edited by PGriff, 23 August 2007 - 09:29 PM.

mason227

mason227

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im hoping somone can help answer this question for me. It looks like I will be getting an xbox 360 for Christmas and want to get on xbox live right away but there is a possible issue that may come up. I live in some employee housing at a resort and the building mixes as employee housing and a hotel. We get free wireless internet and I bought a wireless antenna for my computer that works nicely. The only thing is, every 7 days, when I open up my browser, I have to enter my room number and name etc.. to connect through the service. Then I get online. Its obviously easy on my computer but Im not sure if that option will be available with live. Does it open just like a PC web browser? Or would the best option be to connect the xbox to my PC and log in that way?

any thoughts would be great. thanks.

beckmancameron

beckmancameron

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

I have on and i'd be willing to put it on ebay if you want to bid on it. Its still in good condition.

And it works great , BTW.

Its good that its in good condition.But I can't trust in ebay. Those also available in exogamer with biding facility.