Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone

• Please log in to reply

Darkknight

Darkknight

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hello, I've just upgraded my computer from windows xp to windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Everything is working fine but the one problem i'm experiencing is using my microphone. On recording devices it states that my front mic is "currently unavailable, Mic volume says working but it doesn't, and line volume also says "currently unavailable". I installed an update for the Realtek Hd driver but I go to the Realtek HD Sound Manager and it says that it isn't compatible with vista. If someone could please provide a fix, or another sound driver that I can use it would greatly appreciated.

-Julian

Advertisements

Darkknight

Darkknight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Anybody? I really need the microphone function to work. Contacted Realtek but no answer now for 6 days.

technician06

technician06

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi how are you doing. Here is the weblink which has all the answers for your questions. Please access the weblink and perform all the steps to resolve this issue.

http://notebooktechn...einwindowsvista