Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SEO Cost?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

efilm66

efilm66

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
If I want my website to take full advantage of a qualified SEO expert and getting my site listed close to the top on Google Search, how much should I expect to spend in the developing stage and on a monthly basis?

Is that too broad of a question? Some programmers advertise SEO into the cost of developing a website, and then don't add any extra costs monthly.. does that mean they're really not doing anything for my website once its "complete"?

Thank you

Advertisements

FidelGonzales

FidelGonzales

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
That is a very broad question. And I'd personally hate to absolutely guarantee any results that place you at the top. Some markets are extremely tough, and a site among them might have a dedicated staff working toward the effort. Likewise, the site in question and the company it represents may not legitimately have what it takes, at which point other measures must be used.

Anyhow, I'd like to see your current site.

I view SEO as a living tool that should coexist with any bona fide online operation. It can be implimented into the development of a site, but fine tuning must be made to meet the exact objective. Likewise, the site must evolve to adapt to the changing market and objective.

Just guessing, though, I would say that a quick SEO job on a very small site might be $100. While numerous modifications can be made to modify text links and other such items, there also comes a time when copy writing must be enlisted. Of course, this will add to the end cost.

davidbugeja

davidbugeja

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I agree with FidelGonzales. SEO can almost never have any guaranteed listed because of its constantly changing nature. Reohix on www.reohix.com seems to do quite a good Organic SEO on website from what i heard, at only $100. Right on spot FidelGonzales LOL!

Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
The cost of SEO in this case would be determined on a) the keyword and b) the competition.

I could relatively easily get a site ranked 1st out of 5 million results. Yet getting 1 keyword isn't going to bring enough traffic or sales in this particular market.

List the keywords and I'll take a look into it, if you'd like.

CamTheMan

CamTheMan

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
I buy space on several search engines for mine.

I pay probably a max of $18/month for each search engine with a max of $50 limit

I buy sponsored linking on yahoo/msn/google/ask you may want to do that. I've helped my site reach a Page rank of 2 getting on up there.

You could do that, and add more keyword into your website.

Edited by CamTheMan, 18 April 2008 - 07:04 PM.

crucialclick

crucialclick

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'd say an SEO budget of $400+/mo would be reasonable if you are serious. But every project is different. Share some more information and I'm sure you can get more accurate info.

kfawcett

kfawcett

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Like what was stated above. SEO is an ongoing effort and should be worked into normal operations. Depending on your market it could be somewhat easy to get to the top for certain keywords and for others could it be nearly impossible. I wouldn't expect any SEO expert worth his weight to only charge $100. At best they will follow what I have listed below and not much else.

Edited by sari, 26 January 2010 - 08:34 AM.
Removed spammy links

Theodore Bocker

Theodore Bocker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the three links, all very interesting. It's a sject I will probably need to explore in the future so all of those were quite usefull.

Steve_gts

Steve_gts

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Some programmers advertise SEO into the cost of developing a website, and then don't add any extra costs monthly.. does that mean they're really not doing anything for my website once its "complete"?

There are 3 main stages to any seo project, the first is keyword and competitor analysis, the second is on page optimisation, the third is back link building. Of course there is reporting, reviewing and updating the strategy throughout too.

What you have been told before is just the on page aspects, keyword to text ratios, using title tags, alt attributes etc. BUT if you have not done stage 1 in the first place, you (or they) are highly unlikely to get this stage right. They may well be doing something, but if it will be effective or not is another matter, as you could end up doing the work based on a particular keyword (or set of) which is to competitive for your budget, has decreasing search volumes or is just not what people look for.

The price of a campaign will also depend on the selected keywords, for example "insurance quotes" would cost a small huge fortune to get to the top of google, whereas "insurance quotes wiltshire" would be quite easy.

Just a word of warning as there are loads of people out there offering a substandard service, so don't believe anyone who promises you a top position for even a vaguely competitive keyword, especially for a low price, you would most likely just be throwing your money away. And do expect to see immediate results, many SEO's will try to blind you with science, but the reality is that you should see a consistent rise in rankings, on a month by month basis, if you don't, find a new company.

Edited by Steve_gts, 03 August 2010 - 10:44 AM.

awebuser

awebuser

• Pip
  • 1 posts
SEO is a continuous activity which should be done every month and as Steve_gts points out you should see consitent improvements every month. Stay away from companies that give you guarantees. There are no guarnatees. Although a good SEO should be able to guarantee you consistent improvements in rankings.

With regards to price you get what you pay for. The more budget you have to spend the quicker you will see results. You can get very cheap seo from as litte as £99 but typically this would only cover you for one keyword. Although sometimes if a keyword gets a large volume of searches you will make enough money to cover your SEO costs and make a profit. If you are looking for a recommendation who to use I can recommend you my SEO agency, PM me and I will send you their details.

Advertisements

codingideas

codingideas

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

There are a lot of different things you can do to please the search engines. It really is - relevancy. How relevant are you for the targeted key term? Compilation. There are a gold mine of secondary key teams.. how new is the domain? How many relevant backlinks do you have? If you want to learn about asking the right questions then visit http://www.seomoz.org

harrryden

harrryden

• Pip
  • 6 posts
hello seo is not one day process.it is long and continous process.
it includes lots of steps. each step is important for website.so seo's cost will be based
on so many conditions. like in which region you want to promote your site. how many keywords u r using for ur site.
lots of rules and conditions are used to set seo cost.

jessica137jones

jessica137jones

• Pip
  • 3 posts

SEO cost depends on your targeted keyword and the location means where you target your keyword ad a local area or whole country or specific city. SEO is a long-term process not same as a developing so it's not decided it generally.

Fiannati

Fiannati

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

It really depends. There are lots of aspects which affect SEO price: how much work needs to be done to the site, to the offpage, how popular is your target keyword etc. So there is no exact answer to this.

Trisomia

Trisomia

• Pip
  • 5 posts

That is a very broad question. And I'd personally hate to absolutely guarantee any results that place you at the top. Some markets are extremely tough, and a site among them might have a dedicated staff working toward the effort. Likewise, the site in question and the company it represents may not legitimately have what it takes, at which point other measures must be used.

Anyhow, I'd like to see your current site.

I view SEO as a living tool that should coexist with any bona fide online operation. It can be implimented into the development of a site, but fine tuning must be made to meet the exact objective. Likewise, the site must evolve to adapt to the changing market and objective.

Just guessing, though, I would say that a quick SEO job on a very small site might be $100. While numerous modifications can be made to modify text links and other such items, there also comes a time when copy writing must be enlisted. Of course, this will add to the end cost.

As you are told in the upper menssage, the SEO its not a closed value. It depends on the kind of website that you are trying to make go up on the search results. Because of that it is gonna be cheaper or more expensive. Also, SEO can change prices depending on that from 200$ going to 2000$ for big companies.
I will recomend you to find a person that can have a look at your project and estimate more or less the time and resources you have to move to get it ready.