Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Settings In Control Panel Are Reset When Vista Is Reset

• Please log in to reply

hypnoticstate

hypnoticstate

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ok, so here's the problem. I've noticed that every time i re-start my pc (vista home premium 32-bit), certain settings in the control panel reset. The one's i've noticed are:

Mouse - I have to re-set the sensitivity and re-select the "enhance pointer precision" every time i restart vista

Index - The locations i have selected to be included in the index for searching are all gone every time i restart vista (This one's really annoying especially since vista's biggest improvement in my opinion was this far superior search capability).

There may be others that i'm just not noticing. My Nvidia control panel also used to be effected (i used to have to reset the digital vibrance after every restart) but a couple of weeks ago, due to these problems and a corrupt wmi repository that just didn't want to be fixed, i re-installed vista. This is what seems to have let me start using the nvidia one but as far as i can tell, i only started having this issue with the index AFTER the re-install.

So that's the same problem effecting different settings for before and after re-installation.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE someone give me a solution to this problem. Vista isn't all i thought it would be and without the search index it's just a temperamental XP in drag.

Edited by hypnoticstate, 14 September 2007 - 07:04 PM.

Advertisements