Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Wow Starts now?

• Please log in to reply

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
So where to start with vista? When you start Vista it is a bit of a wow but now i am sick to death with vista ive had 6 bluescreens (used to get 1 every now and again on xp) my wireless card MSI PC54G3 based on the Ralink RT6 wireless chip works perfectly on xp with no lagg spikes or anything when playing BF2 but on vista it laggs every 60 seconds even using 3rd party programs so theres no fix and now ive got no internet connects to the wireless router but cant go on the internet but i can on my laptop running XP. Is it me or is it Vista is really bad? ive heard countless stories of network techs installing vista because the buisness want vista and then when its all installed vista doesnt communicate with the server running server 2003! i think im gonna put my copy of vista where most people put it, In the bin (garbage).

Any one else getting these problems?

Kurt

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Seems to me like most of the gripes about Vista are pretty similar to the ones we heard about XP 6 years ago. People don't like change. The software and hardware vendors are catching up with their updates and new drivers, just like the last time. Sure, there is a lot of eye candy and flash in Vista. Compared to Win9X, XP was pretty "resource intensive" and had lots of bulk, too.

Whether we initially like it or not, Vista is here, and it's not going away. It has been designed to do what MS thinks the market wants/needs, and it does it well. The interface is dumbed down enough that Grandma can program her HDTV satellite on her laptop while in the bathtub, Junior can integrate with every gadget and phone he owns, and the regular person has no idea how much information is actually being sent and received online at any given time. Vive le Internet!
Johanna

CycleRob

CycleRob

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I've had VistaHomePrem since June and I am so disgusted with an OS that not only DOES NOT serve ME, it requires I make a multitude of sacrifices to run it on my new kickass 17" HP LapTop. For all the trouble I've had with it crashing my favorite programs like Irfanview, TurboNavigator and running slower than XP-Home on a hardware inferior machine, I'm ready to toss it. Even with non Aero classic windows and all no-frills selections, it's an indifferent, restrictive, annoying bloatware pig with a torturous lack of servitude. FireFox2's full menu configurability (with MenuEdit) is a model of customer accommodation and software wizardry.

The inconsiderate arrogance of MS to force this extremely unaccommodating OS and it's premium, new hardware requirements on the IBM PC world is off the scale. Yes I'm angry, because a new $1000 laptop went backwards from a 5 year old XP-Home machine it replaced. I've heard enough of MS lapdogs rationalizing that XP had problems too. Not like this! Not where so much hardware is considered junk until you jump thru hoops and some last generation software is now useless. Who do we thank for that mind fart?

This is 2007 and a new MS mega dollar OS should have walk-on-water capabilities with intuitive processes, full backward compatibility and masterful speed with flawless reliability. Vista has NONE of that. The only good thing about Vista is that it's driving a LOT of people hesitant about the jump to a MAC to finally making that jump. I wish I did.

Why is there almost zero praise for Vista in the magazines and likewise from BestBuy and CircuitCity employees in the computer dept? Why are there so many dissatisfied Vista users? I think MS should offer an XP Pro full install DVD to all dissatisfied Vista users for just a shipping fee and try again with XP-Pro2. No, Vista isn't going away. The word is out. It's slowly being replaced by Apple MAC's.

Yeah, I know . . . . . . "Tell us how you really think".

Edited by CycleRob, 29 September 2007 - 01:43 AM.