Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thankfully I get up Early!

• Please log in to reply

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Good Morning!!

I am sometimes surprised at the time I actually get up everyday - Today, I got up at about 0415 EDT, and by about 0440, I had made a post on GTG. I decided to so some other stuff on my machine and when I was hungry, I go into the kitchen, and go to the counter.

I end up feeling HEAT coming off the stove, and thought that there was a malfunction, because it had happened before, when I had my burners OFF, but it had gotten so HOT that I almost birned my hand. My Landlords were unable to figure out the problem, so they just chalked it up to a fluke, and told me to monitor it, and if it happens again they would likely replace the stove - It is only 8 months old now, but at the time, it was 4 months old, and new stoves DON'T normally do this But I did some investigating, and found my OVEN was used to make some pizza, which I knew about, but my younger brother FORGOT to turn the oven off, and had set it for 395 Degrees, leaving it ON all NIGHT!!

Thank removed I didn't have anything happen, because I am worried that something like this could BURN my house DOWN - I will have to speak to my brother on this one, because he should NOT leave the OVEN or BURNERS on at all - he might have forgotten, and if I didn't go in there all day, would have been disasterous!!

Thank removed I didn't have anything bad happen, and that I was able to shut it down :)

Brian

Edited by sari, 01 October 2007 - 11:22 AM.
Removed religious references

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Brian,

I'm glad everything was ok. I edited your post due to your capitalized religious references. I know your post itself was not religious, but under the rules of the forum I couldn't permit such a blatant reference either. Next time, you might want to just say "thankfully" or "fortunately" to convey your feelings of relief.

sari

**Brian**

**Brian**

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Brian,

I'm glad everything was ok. I edited your post due to your capitalized religious references. I know your post itself was not religious, but under the rules of the forum I couldn't permit such a blatant reference either. Next time, you might want to just say "thankfully" or "fortunately" to convey your feelings of relief.

sari

Noted for future reference :) Thank You :wave:

Brian

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have woken up to the smell of warmth too. My ex used to always forget to turn the stove off, scary when you think about it. Now Im just paranoid and always check it.

**Brian**

**Brian**

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Well, I spoke to my brother, and told him in a stern way that it is important to make sure that when you are done in the kitchen to turn off all burners and the oven

To which he responded "It's no big deal - You can leave it on all night, and NOTHING will happen" I said that IF I lose my house because of stupid actions, that I will be in trouble for that - I don't need this problem ;(

Brian

**Brian**

**Brian**

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

I have woken up to the smell of warmth too. My ex used to always forget to turn the stove off, scary when you think about it. Now Im just paranoid and always check it.

It is ALWAYS good practice to check things - otherwise you run the risk of having wierd and sometimes disasterous things happen - I will always check it because of what happened when my stove was off and it was hot to the touch - At least I know where my breaker box is, and I KNOW how to use it :)

Brian

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

To which he responded "It's no big deal - You can leave it on all night, and NOTHING will happen" I said that IF I lose my house because of stupid actions, that I will be in trouble for that - I don't need this problem ;(

to which i would have responded "and i can put my fist in your face all i want and NOTHING will happen (to me)...turn off the stove!"...your brother needs some responsibility lessons

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

to which i would have responded "and i can put my fist in your face all i want and NOTHING will happen (to me)...turn off the stove!"...your brother needs some responsibility lessons

dsenette needs anger management :)

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Years ago a younger brother had some left over pizza and decided to keep it in the grill to keep it warm, he put the two boxes in the grill and I walked in probably two minutes later to see huge flames shooting out the front of the oven. I had to explain to him that cardboard pizza boxes and naked flame don't mix. :)