Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with installing ebrary

• Please log in to reply

MizzLi

MizzLi

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hi,

Recently, I've had to access my university's online library that requires a *ebrary* reader software from this website: www.ebrary.com/corp/

I could access it a few days ago via Mozilla Firefox, until when it update to version 2.0.0.9, I can no longer access the reader in order to read my books online. I tried with Internet Explorer, however it crashes when I try to access the online library via there.

I have uninstalled mozilla firefox and reinstalled it, sadly no luck. But I can't find where to uninstall IE7 and reinstall it.

All help appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

:)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi MizzLi. Your username panel indicates you are a windows XP user yet you've posted on the Vista forum. I'll assume you're actually using Vista now and your profile details are just not up to date.

On Vista you can't uninstall Internet Explorer because, unlike XP, IE7 is a standard part of the default installation of the operating system.
On Windows XP, IE7 was an optional update to IE6 so you were able to uninstall it and 'roll back' to IE6.
This isn't possible with Vista since there's no older version of IE to roll back to, and many parts of both Vista and XP would be 'broken' with no version of IE present at all on the system.

MizzLi

MizzLi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Thank you for my reply. Sorry for not updating my profile, I had just bought a new laptop and forgot to update it.

Still, can I get any help to access this website in order to do some reading for my dissertation? It crashes with both Mozilla firefox and IE7.