Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLS HELP!

• Please log in to reply

tweester

tweester

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hey guys,newbie here...what is this problem? "you cannot logon because the logon method you are using is not allowed in this computer. please see your administrator.." i'm running vista business and server is windows server 2003 r2.. any ideas??

Advertisements

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
This could be something to do with the rights you have on that computer, do you know if UAC is turned on? (user account control) if so you may have been added as a standard user and not an administrator which has access to changing settings to do with the computer

tweester

tweester

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
can you show me how to configure it? and if i logged in as another account will it be credited?

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
If you go start>all programs>control panel> user account.

There should be a list of all the accounts for your computer and it will either say whether they are administrator or standard user, along there should be an option to create a new account presuming you have selected the administrator

tweester

tweester

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yes i can create an account whther it is an administrator, power users,users, etc. etc.
but the problem is that when logging on as a standard user an error occured so the local user must change to administrator in order to effect the logging status on a domain server.. pls help!! what should i do??

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I'm unsure what is being asked now, looking back at the orginal post i think it is simply the fact it is an admin only function.

tweester

tweester

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yeah, but the problem is how to log using standard user with limited access from it? i cannot logged in using that, but rather change it to administrator user in order to logged in.that's what i mean, can you pls help me?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
Hi Tweester
Try this
Click on me

tweester

tweester

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the quick response, i tried option 1&2 but failed, i doubt option 3 will works..... any other solutions?? thanks in advance

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
You can try a 'startup repair'

http://www.bleepingc...utorial148.html

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,385 posts
option 3

tweester

tweester

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
many thanks to you......hope it works....
i'll post for an update..

tweester

tweester

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yesterday, i create a standard user account with limited access but during logging in it doesn't recognized the user, i change the settings for Local policy setting but nothing happens...... im sick and tired of this sh%#!!

tried also option 3 but again nothing happens.... :)

any more suggestions?
thanks in advance.. :)