Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NVLDDMKM has stopped responding...

• Please log in to reply

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Ok, I just build a new comp...

Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2 AM2 mATX mobo
AMD Anthlon 64 X2 6400+ AM2 proc.
MSI NX8800GTX video card
4GB G. Skill DDR2 800
600watt PSU
22" Hanns-G HG216D monitor
Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit

Well, I have mymonitor hooked up with a DVI-HDMI cable. I have tried the lastest nVidia driver, even beta driver, I've tried older drivers to no avail also. Some times when I'm at the desktop I'll get random graphical tearing, and it will also pretty much always give me "NVLDDMKM has stopped responding" problem. When ever I try to play a game, same thing. If I try to run Aero, it sometimes will work with Aero b4 I restart, but after I restart it most of the times won't let me back in to windows, after I get the windows loading screen, my monitor will say "No signal deticted, check video cable" and well, to fix it I need to turn my onboard video back on and get to windows and disable Aero. So, any help would be greatly appreated.

Edited by goladith, 15 December 2007 - 03:44 PM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello godalith,

Have you run across this page yet:
Display Driver atikmdag and nvlddmkm Stopped Responding

Let me know if it helps,

Ax