Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Allocating Graphics Memory In Vista

• Please log in to reply

jacobt

jacobt

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Greetings all, I have a quick question that is probably pretty easy to answer for anybody that is familiar with Veeesta. I have a laptop with an integrated chip (ie. No physical memory) . I was wondering if there is a control panel you can go to to change the system physical or virtual memory allocated to graphics (such as you can do with virtual memory in the system properties sheet) or does Windows want to manage all this on its own? Thank you, Jacob.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to the forum, rajensama. The version of Windows you have is irrelevant for this task, as it isn't done from within Windows. You have to go into the system's BIOS settings and look for it their. The required keyboard key for getting in to the BIOS settings varies, but involves pressing and holding down that key as soon as you turn on the PC. The key is usually the 'Delete' key, but may also be the F1 or F2 key. Look for a message at bottom of screen when you boot normally as this usually tells you "Press 'X' key to enter setup" .

jacobt

jacobt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thanks for the response. I've been in the BIOS sniffing around. I didn't see anything like that. I was thinking, for some reason, Vista had some native widget for adjusting the graphics memory settings. Perhaps I dreamt this. I don't know. Regardless, I appreciate the 411. Regards, Jacob.