Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Most memorable Christmas?

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
What was the most memorable best Christmas you've had and the most memorable present you have received? :)

And ... what was the most memorable worst Christmas you've had and the worst present you have received? :)

Edit: Thanks PsychPosse ... I've altered the questions slightly

Edited by frantique, 21 December 2007 - 01:06 PM.

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Best: When my entire family was all together.
Worst: When she said, "I want a divorce" (at Christmas)

:) lol... I know, not exactly what you were looking for but its true.

The most memorable, or exciting gift I can recall was in 1982 when I got the Electronic Version of Stratego. (Still have it)

Worst gift is the cologne grandma got me one year :)

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
My most memorable best was my first bike. I was about 8 and my older sister had a bike and wouldn't let me ride hers. When I woke up on Christmas morning and saw it at the end of my bed I could hardly breathe. It had no brakes so I had to learn to ride it pretty fast so I didn't fall off :)

I think my most memorable worst was an engagement ring.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

I think my most memorable worst was an engagement ring.

Presumably from someone you didn't want an engagement ring from?

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Presumably from someone you didn't want an engagement ring from?

From someone I'd been living with for 7 years (and had three children with) - not one word ever came with it - it might as well have been a scarf!

My most memorable Christmas was about six years ago when my entire family and their children all gathered in the country town we were raised in ... took over half a motel and showed the children all the places we had told them stories about for so many years.

My worst was the second year after separation from the above man when he had the children for Christmas and I didn't see them on Christmas Day. I have never let that happen since. Even if it his turn to have them I will travel 6 or 7 hours on the day to have breakfast with them.

Edited by frantique, 21 December 2007 - 01:15 PM.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

My most memorable Christmas was about six years ago when my entire family and their children all gathered in the country town we were raised in ... took over half a motel and showed the children all the places we had told them stories about for so many years.

Now that is a cool thing to do!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
When I was eleven, my grandmother took us to Colonial Williamsburg, in Virginia. I woke up Christmas morning with the stomach and spent the whole day throwing up. My family all came back from dinner raving about the fantastic Christmas buffet, and I missed it. Needless to say, that was not my best Christmas.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't think I've got a "best Christmas"...they were all pretty good growing up (still are usually)....my all time favorite Christmas memory as a child was probably that every year (till we were too old for it to be fun anymore) my mom would read us the "polar express"....this was through the early to mid 80's so the book came with a cassette tape that you would play while you read it...and it had all the fun sound effects on it...so that was nifty (second favorite Christmas memory is the little metal Santa that we always put out...it was always filled with a specific type of potpourri that just smelled like christmas....i've got that santa now with the same stuff inside...so we pull it out every year in the apartment)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
My worst Christmas, or better said New Year's Eve, was in Prague. We stayed in a hotel in one of the less appealing parts of Prague. Everyone got drunk, started throwing stuff - it was horrible. We couldn't go out either.

The best part was when we went to the local ATM and we found it to be soaked in blood :)

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
My best Christmas was when I was able to go to Florida on Vacation in 1997 - I'd gone in 1996, but my ex made it miserable, because her attitude stunk, and none of my friends wanted anything to do with her, or ME but they later told me that it wasn't my fault that this happened. All I had to do to have my parents pay the ticket was to have a friend of mine email her and tell her what I already knew - once my mom realized that this was the case, she paid my way and apologized, because she didn't realize how bad my first trip down was :)

Most Memorable: Christmases at the Baker House in Saint Johnsbury, VT - All of us would go to Grammy and Grampa's house for Christmas, and we would see the big Christmas tree in the big bay windows, and then later on, the Christmas cookies and all the goodies for Santa - One year my Aunt Julie woke me up at 4AM, because she thought it was much later and ate pizza - when my Aunt Sherry was woken up by the noise in the kitchen, she told her to go back to bed hhehee :) We would open gifts after a light breakfast, and then would have a full feast of either Pork/Ham or Turkey, depending on what they decided, and we would have a wide variety of desserts, and all be watching football, or eating god knows what :)

Worst Christmas: I guess you could say that this is the Christmas in 2001, where my Grammy Leblanc did not feel well, and we later learned in early 2002 that she had terminal Cancer - we were all together, but the fact that Grammy wasn't feeling well made me feel sad.......But she is in a better place now, but every year I always think of her and my grandfather, who lay side by side in death, almost as they did in life :)

Best Gift: Well, you could say that this Christmas (2007) has given me the Best Gifts: (1) New Computer, (2) New Printer (3) Married Brother (James) and a New Sister in Law (Ashley) In 2008 we will do this again, and I will become an Uncle and my Brother Nate will marry - so what else can I ask for other then the best for my family :) :)

I dont think there was a worst gift here that I can remember :)

Happy Holidays to all :)

Brian

**Brian**

**Brian**

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

When I was eleven, my grandmother took us to Colonial Williamsburg, in Virginia. I woke up Christmas morning with the stomach and spent the whole day throwing up. My family all came back from dinner raving about the fantastic Christmas buffet, and I missed it. Needless to say, that was not my best Christmas.

My Goodness Sari - that had to be really nasty for ya :) I remember a couple Christmases when I was in your position, and I wanted to eat, but my stomach would not cooperate, and I ended up relegated to the couch, with a low fever, aching all over - really bad for me ;( One Christmas when I was about 2-3 years old, I had the flu, and my brother Ricky had the Chicken Pox on Christmas! Then, he was sick and I had the Chicken Pox for New Years - My family did NOT go anywhere that Christmas - My Mom told me this story, and I felt bad for her and my dad.........

Brian

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

When I was eleven, my grandmother took us to Colonial Williamsburg, in Virginia. I woke up Christmas morning with the stomach

So for the first eleven years of your life you didn't have a stomach? :) :)

**Brian**

**Brian**

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

When I was eleven, my grandmother took us to Colonial Williamsburg, in Virginia. I woke up Christmas morning with the stomach

So for the first eleven years of your life you didn't have a stomach? :) :)

hehehe I think what Sari meant was that she woke up with an upset stomach - being sick on Christmas is not very fun for anyone :)

Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Oh boy, too many stories to bore you all with here, but here's some...

When my (older) brother was very young, and I was an infant, my parents tried and tried to convince him that Santa was real, but he just didn't believe it for some reason. So one Christmas, my dad sprinkled flour all over the tiles near the Christmas Tree. Of course, during the night he got up and put all the presents under the tree, and used his thongs to make "footprints" in the flour... And my brother "believed"... :) My parents tell this story every year, they love it and laugh so hard :)

Worst Present: Socks and Jocks, of course :) In fact, any clothes... They just don't cut it for me.