Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless problems

• Please log in to reply

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I recently installed XP, and my wireless isnt working, I have an Aspire 5720, And yes i installed the wireless driver, but it says driver not installed.
Any ideas?

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
My guess would be that you don't have the right driver installed. Make sure that Acer has released the drivers for your wireless card under XP. If not, you can check the manufacturer website.

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
really? where wuld i get these xp driver?

Edited by HelpMeInstallxP, 02 January 2008 - 10:31 PM.

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Im like 99% sure i have the right one

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Bump, bumping my post up, no one wants to help me!, the site should be changed to, "Tech experts trained to ignore your problems"

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
i think its cuz i installed xp and the driver doesnt work with it, what do you guys think, and i cant even find the driver download link =/

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
thats the hard part to find drivers for your laptop. u have to find a wireless driver for windows xp not vista. but some vista wireless driver might work for xp. and most of them are not. coz ur pc is made up of vista. u have to spend more time on finding drivers. like i did. i checked the drivers on the website i couldnt find wireless for windows xp. try to google it.

Edited by tikyoo, 03 January 2008 - 05:30 AM.

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Helpmeinstallxp, you have to remember that this is a volunteer site. You get answers when we have time.

Go to this website, http://www.acerpanam...acerdrivers.cfm , find your model and download the pdf. The pdf will have all drivers released for your laptop model. Find the wireless driver that corresponds with your hardware and make sure it is for XP.

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
i found one wireless driver for xp in the website that Gravity give go check it helpmeinstallxp.

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I click it and choose my model, then when i click Get drivers in PDF version, it just loads and nothing happens =/

and sorry im just really impatient

Advertisements

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
k i see the drivers, but i cant find any wireless driver, theres nothing that says anything about wireless, but on the plus side, i got my webcam to work =P

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
i think u need a pdf on your pc go to this website http://www.adobe.com.../readstep2.html and download it. i think there is a 30 day trial on it. not sure.

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
is it this?
BCM5787 LAN Driver v10.26.0.0

tikyoo

tikyoo

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
its not lan its wireless this is the name Wireless_Intel_v11.1.11_XP_Vista.zip

HelpMeInstallxP

HelpMeInstallxP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
ok guys, i think i do have the right driver, i may not be that good with computers, but my uncle is, he completely removed vista, then he told me, after vistas removed you wonr have anything installed, he gave me a cd with the necessary drivers, i got the ethernet internet working, and i installed the wireless driver too, im pretty sure my uncle gave me the correct driver.

Anywho, i go to the bottom right part of my computer and i see a little wireless symbol, and when i hover my mouse over it, it says driver is not installed, so the help program on my computer says go to deivce manager, go to netowkr adapters, and click update driver on the wireless one, BUT there is nothing there to update, it says if its not listed go to support.intel.com