Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pop-up blockers (resolved)

• Please log in to reply

kittiekat414

kittiekat414

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a temporary laptop, so I don't want to have to pay for anti-virus, anti-spyware type of stuff, until I get my actual comp this summer. So I'm looking for freeware kind of stuff. I have a free version of AVG anti-virus, and my friend told me that my windows firewall is adequate protection for now. I have a registry cleaner and spyware remover that seems to be working fine, but i can NOT stop my pop-ups! I've tried half a dozen pop-up blockers, with no success, and it's driving me insane!! The only thing that worked so far was downloading Mozilla Firefox. It stopped my pop-ups, alright, but it messes up my pages. They take forever to load, if they do at all, and it just generally makes my comp run like crap. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to fix this! Rent-A-Center's idea for refurbishing a comp is just deleting the visible files, so I know this comp probably needs major help, but I can't afford to invest money into it while I'm paying them out the a**, and like I said, when I get my comp this summer, I'll have no problem paying for good protection. But there must be something I can do temporarily!

Edited by kittiekat414, 31 March 2008 - 09:19 PM.

Advertisements

MichWasHere

MichWasHere

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Hi Kittie :)

You will want to make a post in the Malware Removal Section. Be sure to read this first and follow the directions there.

kittiekat414

kittiekat414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts