Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista login after service pack download and install

• Please log in to reply

JeffH

JeffH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
vista will not accept my login after vista service pack update and install.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you tried in safe mode?

I'm afraid I haven't found much information for this issue. I'd suggest you call Microsoft. They offer free phone support for Widows Vista Service Pack 1.

The toll-free call-in number in the U.S. for Vista SP1 help is (866)-234-6020.

Listen carefully to the options on the line as you wait and navigate for support. When you speak with an operator, be sure to tell the customer support agent that you would like support related to the installation of Service Pack one (or ‘SP1′) of Windows Vista.

djtrype

djtrype

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
On my laptop when I boot up after installing SP1 I believe it's my harddrive "clicking". I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or due directly to the SP1 install, but I never had this problem prior. I have to reboot and then do a system repair before it works fine again.