Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"My Computer" Volume Labels Hidden

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I was working on my machine, went to sleep, woke and the problem was there. In the My Computer folder the labels under the Hard Drives, and removable disks are gone. I've tried searching, but can only find solutions to regular folders. Is there a way to fix it for the My Computer folder. Thanks! Will attach photo of problem if it will help.

Advertisements

JDLT

JDLT

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I would check if there are any viruses on your comp, refresh the window, or if possible simply retype the titles of the folders by left clicking on the icon waiting 2 secs and then clicking again.

A pic would help

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I opened it up this morning, and without anything done on my part, it was somehow fixed!!! I leave my computer on 24/7 so I'm not sure what happened, but it looked like it corrected itself. Sorry I didn't post this back up sooner, but I had an Eage Scout Court to attend, and figured I'd post this later. Thanks though.

-Matt :)