Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista will not start

• Please log in to reply

jimmydaggett

jimmydaggett

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hello again, sure am glad you all are here. my wifes brand new toshiba lap top just quit. vista showed us the blue screen of death and then stopped working. it will go to safe mode and i can choose what ever i would like. but i can not get to any pages. it will not load anything. i get no messages about a virus or anything. the computer recomended that we run a repair program and so we did. the screen came up like normal but we had no function of the mouse or any keys. now we get nothing aside from a black screen. we tried to reboot to a last know good setting and nothing. hating the computer life in alaska. thanks for the help.

Advertisements

natkay2603

natkay2603

• Pip
  • 3 posts
WHat error message doe the blue screen display?

jimmydaggett

jimmydaggett

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well it's on "the blue screen of death". and what i can read is his computer has suffered a fatal error, windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer. its something like that. when in safe mode we have tried all the options. the computer will try to self repair and states that it is deleting alot programs. this all happens on a black screen with white lettering. then we get a little box at the bottom of the screen with th windows logo and a bronze colored bar that slides to the right over and over showing that the compter is trying to load. we are runing avast on this computer. we had some issues right after we deleted the norton that came with the system but they seemed to work themselves out. until now. thank you. i will try to get a photo of the screen info when next it comes up if you need that still.