Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I convert my Music DVD to a CD

• Please log in to reply

lorimay7

lorimay7

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a music DVD that I want to burn onto a CD so I can play it in my car..is there a way to do this? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Lori

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Well if you have a dvd drive in your pc pop the disc in. Than wait a second as the disc spins up. Windows will than prompt you asking what you want to do with the dvd. Choose "Open to view files", and tell me what kind of audio files are contained in the disc. [ie: mp3, wma, wav, etc]

You should be able to tell the audio file format by hovering your mouse over it. Let me know!

lorimay7

lorimay7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
When I pop it in the DVD player in my PC, windows Media opens so I could not view the file type there because the box didn't pop up. I did go to My Computer and right click on the DVD, clicked on properties and then autorun and then Open files but nothing happens. So I did go to Nero and examine the files there. When I try to look at the audio file folder, nothing is in it. Only files in the Video file folder show. They are:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Well that's not a normal audio dvd. That's an actual dvd! Where do you normally listen to this disc? & when you do is it like music videos, karaoke, or something? Because a normal "audio only" dvd is made up of mp3's, wav's, or other audio files burned to disc. There must be something visual on your tv when you play them correct? I assume you watch/listen to it on your tv.

lorimay7

lorimay7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I play it on my DVD player on TV or Windows Media and you can see video as well as here audio. I would like to be able to play it on my CD player in the car though as well.
Thanks for your help.

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Well than you'd have to rip the dvd's audio. Try Xilisoft DVD Audio Ripper... Here's a tutorial on how to do so with it:

http://www.allformp3...p-dvd-audio.htm

lorimay7

lorimay7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you...I'll try it.

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
No problem. Glad to have helped!