Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Progress Bar won't close down

• Please log in to reply

Gemius

Gemius

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Whenever I delete, rename or cut a file the dialog box with the green progress bar won't close down although the bar has turned green. It shows discovered 0 items(0 bytes)
The only way to get rid of it is to start the Task Manager and select End Task. This closes it and restarts Explorer. When I return to the relevant document I find that the change has been actioned as I selected.
This has only started happening recently. Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

Advertisements

Gemius

Gemius

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I would like to add a further comment to the above in the hope that someone has had a similar problem. Whether the two are related of not I don't know but at about the same time as I had the above problem I started having problems with Windows Mail. It opens OK when I first log on but it will not open a second time. The only way to open it again is to log off and on again. It then works once only again.

I'm getting very frustrated as with the above problems it is becoming difficult to do anything at all on the computer.

Can somebody help please.